Closes: Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
ServSafe training and/or food production line training. Proven excellent customer service. Ability to operate all types of kitchen equipment. Experience with using computer applications such as Microsoft Office. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Occasional nights and weekend required.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High School or GED graduate required. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in food service and/or food preparation, with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a management role required.
Associates degree in Culinary Arts, Business Administration or related field preferred. ServSafe certification preferred. Experience in a higher education food service setting preferred. Experience operating/owning an independently operated food service facility preferred. Catering service experience preferred.
The Café-Restaurant Manager provides leadership and supervision in staffing, planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the operational activities of the campus food services, including day-to-day operations of the RichmondCC Café and catered events, to provide the customers with a quality product at a reasonable price. The position requires someone who is innovative and understands the goals of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Supervise and train Café staff to provide a safe, clean and sanitary working environment in compliance with health requirements.
- Schedule RichmondCC Café/Restaurant staff appropriately to maximize operational efficiencies; coordinates the activities of part time staff and arranges coverage in their absence.
- Perform all required Café duties to include cooking and cleaning when needed.
- Order food and supplies and track day-to-day inventory as needed to meet projected menus.
- Inspect food and/or supply deliveries for the purpose of verifying quantity, quality and specifications of orders and/or complying with current health standards.
- Update prices as needed to insure profit goals are met.
- Process all accounts payable information for the Café and submit to the RichmondCC Business Office for payment.
- Plan weekly menus and disburse to appropriate audiences.
- Minimize daily waste by monitoring daily sales and activity.
- Ensures safe and correct use of all equipment.
- Prepare Daily Cash Analysis of sales and ensure deposit in the RichmondCC Business Office.
- Plan and coordinate internal catering activities as needed.
- Assist with the marketing of the Café in order to maximize sales and profits.
- Participates in RichmondCC committees.
- Attend trainings, workshops, or tradeshows related to the food service industry.
- Stay abreast of all Richmond Community College policies and procedures directly and indirectly related to the Café.
- Supervise Assistant Manager and café staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Available: Immediately. Application review begins immediately; open until filled. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of college transcripts. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.