Closes: Sunday, July 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School or GED graduate.
- Successful management and supervision experience.
- Minimum of two years directly related food service experience.
- Knowledge of current food trends.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, POS, and office skills.
- Knowledge of proper operation of commercial equipment in a kitchen setting.
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Course work and/or training in business and accounting principles.
- ServSafe certification.
- Experience in a higher education food service setting.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Campus Food Service Manager (CFSM) is an active management position that provides leadership, supervision, and training for staff. The CFSM is also responsible for organizing, directing, and controlling the operational activities of campus food services at RCC. This includes the day-to-day operations of the Armadillo Café, as well as developing a long-term plan for future operations on campus. The CFSM will additionally help with catering, campus events, and assisting in the operation of the Armadillo Market (coffee shop). The CFSM will work to provide all customers with model exceptional service, Radical Hospitality, and provide quality food products while remaining cost conscience. The CFSM position requires someone who is self-starting, knowledge able about current food trends, and can create an innovative menu to serve our customers. The CFSM will work in a fast-paced environment that requires someone who can recognize the details, as well as the larger picture of the Armadillo Café operations. The CSFM position does not require nights, weekends, or holidays. The CFSM will work under the supervision of the Director of Auxiliary Services (DAS) and Administrative Services.
- Demonstrate and model excellent customer service and Radical Hospitality while working with all customers, employees, and coworkers.
- Maintain consistent, high-quality level in all food products while keeping expenses within reason.
- Complete all tasks under the standards of the Health Department regarding for food handling, cleaning, and safety in the café.
- Ensure required food handling processes are in place and practiced by all employees. Maintains an “A” sanitation grade from the Department of Environmental Health.
- Develop and maintain operational procedures, polices and standards for the Armadillo Café. This includes food costing, ordering, budgeting, cost analysis, invoicing and maintaining necessary paperwork to ensure that the Armadillo runs efficiently to minimize any loss.
- Ensures that all Daily Cash Analysis is completed, and a deposit are made to the Business Office daily in accordance with college internal controls and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring/tracking day to day inventory and monitor daily operations to ensure food waste levels are minimized. Prepares weekly waste reports and submits to the DAS
- Provide leadership, supervision, and development to the staff of the Armadillo Cafe.
- Work to develop staff including the implantation of continuous development, evaluations, and training of staff in areas including food prep, storage, customer service, cash handling, etc.
- Fill staffing needs for the Armadillo Café through recruiting. Be able to evaluate, discipline, and if necessary, terminate café staff following the policies and procedures of the college and café and with the assistance of the DAS if needed
- Research food trends related to college food services and maintain up-to-date knowledge on the food service industry and apply it to the operation of the Armadillo Café. Attend trade shows and other professional developments, when possible, to identify products or trends that my increase café sales or improve operations.
- Evaluate and implement new products and menu offerings. Employ effective marketing techniques to ensure strong sales. Prepares recommendations for additional menu items (including serving size, pricing, etc.). Submits recommendations to DAS before adding to menu.
- Work to maintain good relationships with vendors as well as identify new opportunities and products.
- Electronically prepare the fiscal year-end inventory as well as prepare and maintain on-going cost sheets showing menu items, up-to-date recipe, accurate per ingredient cost, total cost of menu item, current selling price, proposed selling price. Submits to DAS by June 1 of each year.
- Perform other tasks, including those which are not readily foreseen or anticipated.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations. Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205