Campus Police Officer PT
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, July 10, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years old.
- Successful completion of an accredited Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) Program and certified by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standard Commission as a law enforcement officer in the state of North Carolina.
- Must successfully complete drug screening and background check.
- Must be legally qualified to possess and use a firearm.
- Minimum of three years of law enforcement experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
The Campus Police Officer is a certified law enforcement official with the power of arrest. In the absence of the Police Chief, directs and coordinates the performance of campus security in a manner that will protect the public’s investment and support the College’s operational objectives. The officer will respond to students, faculty/staff and visitor calls for service on the SCC campus and will implement programs in law enforcement, campus policing, health and safety, parking and traffic and crime prevention.
- Coordinate law enforcement, security, and safety matters with the Campus Police Chief.
- Complete all assignments in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist with special events that are a part of the activities of the college.
- Patrol SCC campus.
- Respond to calls for service, which may necessitate taking some form of action up to and including arrest for violations of the law.
- Respond to burglar and fire alarms on campus.
- Assist with the support and implementation of all policies, procedures and authorized activities of the college.
- Take individual offenders into custody for on-site offenses or on court issued orders.
- Process evidence confiscated and property found on campus.
- Testify in court as necessary.
- Respond to medical emergencies.
- Respond to burglar and fire alarms and medical emergencies on campus.
- Receive, investigate and complete reports taken in connection with incidents, traffic, safety and security issues, alarms, etc. in a timely manner.
- Uses and maintains equipment, including specialized equipment, i.e. computer, fire extinguisher, radio, vehicle, uniform, weapons, etc.
- Inspects and maintains assigned police equipment ie. vehicle, uniform, weapon, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Campus Police Chief.
Skills and Abilities:
- · As a key element of this position, the employee must possess leadership and management skills as well as the ability to know when to utilize them.
- · Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of college, community and governmental agencies as a team player.
- · Must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
- · Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- · Ability to respond quickly to emergency situations.
- · Possess or be able to acquire First Aid and CPR certification.
- · Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- · Basic knowledge of personal computers.
How to Apply
A completed Southeastern Community College application, a resume, letter of interest addressing the position requirements and college transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Applicants should direct all inquiries to the Human Resources Office of Southeastern Community College at 910-788-6206 or 910-788-6310.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact