Closes: Monday, May 3, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
High school diploma or GED certificate.
Minimum two years of successful law enforcement experience.
Must be willing to work the day or evening shift as needed.
Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Ability to work with a diverse range of persons.
Demonstrate a respect for confidentiality.
Have a record of ethical behavior.
Excellent computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office applications.
Must be physically able to perform job duties.
Valid driver's license and have no record of arrests.
Must obtain CPR and first aid certification within 3 months of employment.
Negative drug test.
Associate's degree in criminal justice or related field.
Provide safety and security for students, staff, and faculty, as well as security for all RCC property. Will also enforce all rules and regulations of the college as directed, including state and federal laws where applicable.
- Provide traffic and parking control, and writing and administration of citations.
- Respond to and assist members of the college community in emergency situations (injuries and accidents) while making every effort to provide for their safety.
- Enforce the college's tobacco-use policy, including writing and administration of citations.
- Routinely check campus for security and safety concerns, and report any concerns to the proper department(s).
- Conduct both foot and vehicle patrols of the campus.
- Assist in the maintenance of a positive campus atmosphere conducive to student learning.
- Investigate campus security incidents, write up reports, and determine appropriate referrals for any further action.
- Assist in coordinating duties of contracted security services.
- Maintain security vehicles in a clean and safe condition.
- Initiate mass notification system in emergencies.
- Perform other related duties as incidental to the work described herein.