Cardiovascular Monitor Technician Instructor
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required Educational Background:
- Associate’s degree in a health related field or equivalent healthcare experience
- Hold an active certification as an EKG/ECG Technician
Required Industry Experience:
- Minimum of two years’ experience as an EKG/ECG Technician
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The purpose of an instructor at the Central Carolina Community College is to ensure maximum student learning. The instructor accomplishes this by presenting discipline specific learning outcomes through lecture, demonstration, projects, assignments, appropriate classroom management, etc. and by providing authentic student assessment that documents learning has occurred.
The Cardiovascular Monitor Technician Instructor will teach both the didactic and clinical component of the curriculum designed to help students build knowledge and clinical skills aimed at passing the national competency exam for listing as a Cardiovascular Monitor Technician.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Embrace the institutional goals of Central Carolina Community College by engaging students as full partners in the learning process, removing barriers for student progression in the course, and supporting and assisting students in achieving their educational goals.
- Use teaching methodology that incorporates a dynamic instructional environment that promotes a positive, interactive, and inclusive learning experience for all students.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the changes in the healthcare industry as it relates to cardiovascular monitoring and assist the coordinator with modifying existing courses when appropriate to keep current with new changes.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute course outlines and syllabi that support North Carolina Community College System requirements for the course.
- Assist in maintaining department equipment, supplies, and materials, and support resources.
- Participate in department meetings, advisory board meetings, and other college meetings and activities.
- Follow departmental policies and policies stated in the policies and procedures manual as it relates to instructor responsibilities.
- Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Maintain current industry licensure and credentials, including earning annual CME/CEUs.
- Be responsible for and perform other such duties as may be assigned.
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources
1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27540