Closes: Monday, June 17, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Education, or a related field from a regionally accredited institution. Must have two years related experience working in a K-12 or higher education setting directly with students. Must have superior written and oral communication skills as well as knowledge of the conventions of standard English. Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule to include evening hours. Must have the ability to work collaboratively with a large number of people, manage multiple tasks and the ability to work well in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff.
Preferred Qualifications: High school counseling background, teaching experience or background in areas of reading and writing and/or experience at the community college, four-year college, or university level with a background in career counseling preferred.
To connect students with community college programs that will assist in preparing for career goals. To provide instruction to students as needed to meet the demands of the English Studio learning environment in the form of coaching, tutoring, and full instruction and management of DRE classes in the event of an instructor absence.
- Communicate with all stakeholder groups with regard to career pathway opportunities.
- Development of pedagogical materials and technologies needed to enhance the advising process.
- Work collaboratively with school counselors and Career Development Counselors on pathway development aligned with Career Clusters.
- Build seamless student management systems communications between college and school system.
- Ensure student success and retention through attendance tracking and communication between community college instructors and high school data managers.
- Provide professional development for middle school teachers and counselors, and high school teachers, counselors, and Child Development Counselors.
- Assist counselors and Child Development Counselors in scheduling to facilitate certificate completion.
- Advise students on college transfer and career pathways.
- Register students for classes.
- Develop new career pathways associated with local industry career clusters.
- Connect students to service learning, job shadowing, and internship opportunities.
- Work with industry partners to ascertain skills sets required for employment.
- Enhance access to NCC for underrepresented and those at risk of not pursuing higher education.
- Coach students on successfully completing online courses in partial fulfillment of certificate completion.
- Enhance access to career pathway choices for the underrepresented and those at risk of not pursuing higher education.
- Address English Studio needs by working with individuals or small groups on composition skills and supporting instruction through tutoring, teaching, or assisting with technology.
- Manage and maintain accurate student records documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality of student data.
Job Post Contact
Morgan R, Bland, Director of Human Resources
**Applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**