Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Drive, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Thursday, October 14, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree.
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Skills in solving problems; working with students, faculty, and staff; information processing; and communication/customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience with college admissions or student services related work
- Experience using Ellucian’s Colleague; Self-Service, Informer, National Student Clearinghouse
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide exceptional customer service and support to incoming and current students regarding admission, residency, career services, and financial aid assistance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Maintain Career Services Website and resources
- Generate Career Services email newsletter for students
- Assist students with career related needs such as writing resumes/cover letters, interview and soft skills
- Provide class presentations on career readiness (resume writing, interviewing, soft skills, etc.)
- Assist the Division of Instruction with planning and organizing annual job fair coordinating employers and campus resources
- Assist with career assessments and inventories
- Adhere to full compliance with the FERPA act
- Maintain highest degree of confidentiality and integrity with records.
- Provide customer service to potential applicants and students to include admission, financial aid and residency assistance
- Process student withdrawals
- Monitor website “help” chat, respond to Enrollment Management help email request, answer/transfer incoming Student Services calls as coordinated in the college phone system
- Schedule, administer, and proctor all EdReady placement testing
- Receive and process Career & College Promise (CCP) and Haywood Early College applications, transcripts, & test scores; assist with CCP registration as directed by the HS Programs Coordinator
- Process Professional Crafts applications, interview approvals, and send correspondence to applicants
- Assist with backup of incoming phone calls, face-to-face visitors as needed.
- Miscellaneous tasks: serve on college committees; maintain professional appearance and behavior in accordance with Employee Code of Conduct Policy and Procedures.
- May operate college-owned vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Enrollment Management and/or Vice President of Student Services.
- Adhere to Haywood Community College’s Core Values
- Maintain integrity of the department through accountability and ethical behavior by protecting the confidentiality of student records in compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Create an employee and a student-centered environment
- Work toward operational excellence; continuous improvement of processes
- Proactively identify problems, create innovative solutions and take charge of projects assigned
- Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of the College community
- Interact with co-workers and perform tasks at the highest level of integrity
- Work cooperatively and communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students and the community
- Promote and support Haywood Community College’s mission, vision and values
- Implement a team approach in the performance of tasks; work with others to analyze a situation, establish priorities and apply resources for solving a problem or accomplishing a task
- Accept responsibility for job performance and assigned tasks; exhibit individual behaviors that support the official goals and objectives for this position, the college and the Enrollment Management department
- Approach problems as a learning opportunity and implement strategies to reduce problems
- Maximize resources to process information; acquire, evaluate, organize, manage, interpret, and communicate information to coworkers, faculty, staff and students
- Exhibit flexibility and receptivity to changing technologies, methods, processes, work environments and organizational structure and practices
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status