Location: RichmondCC Scotland County Campus
Closes: Tuesday, December 3, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate required plus applicable work experience. Computer experience required. Must possess above average skills in keyboarding, filing, and computer operations. Computer experience to include Windows and Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Must demonstrate good communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the community college with special reference to the total fulfillment of the open door policy. Understanding of and commitment to the mission and vision of Richmond Community College.
General Description of the Position:
The Career and Transfer Services Specialist, under the supervision of the Director of Career and Transfer Services and Vice President of Student Services, will work with students, alumni, faculty, staff, and members of the community as they seek assistance from the Career and Transfer Services office in Scotland county. This individual must be courteous, helpful and demonstrate a personal and professional ability to work as an effective member of a team.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Position:
- Oversee the operational activities of the Career and Transfer Center of RichmondCC in Scotland county.
- Greet and assist students in the Career and Transfer Center.
- Perform required clerical duties: typing, filing, copying, and preparing mailings.
- Responsible for answering phone calls, answering emails, and making appointments.
- Assure that resources, desk areas, and the center are easy to use and in proper order.
- Assist with managing, coordinating, publicizing Career and Transfer Center activities.
- Assist in presenting various career-related topics including exploring majors/careers, resume building, and job search skills to various classes.
- Disseminate information on career programs, career opportunities, and activities to students, alumni, and employees as well as information on scholarships, financial aid, programs of study, etc.
- Assist students with career exploration and job search, resume writing, interviewing assistance and school applications.
- Advise students on job openings, job interview workshops, and career fair opportunities.
- Assist the director in collecting, tracking, and producing reports that analyze employment opportunities for RichmondCC students.
- Assist the director with career-related events for Scotland county.
- Other duties (Willingness to accept and fulfill additional assignment)
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Methods to submit an application:
Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Mail: RCC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345.
Fax: 910-582-7028. Applicant needs to ensure that documents are readable.