Closes: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Required kind and number years of work experience:
- 1 year of experience in advising high school students for community college courses or further education
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Career development or career pathway knowledge.
- Excellent public relations skills.
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work as a team and under minimal direction and supervision.
- Must have strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work some evenings.
- Ability to interpret data.
- Ability to multitask.
- College advising or related experience at CCCC
- Experience using Colleague and Blackboard
- 2 or more years of experience in advising high school students for community college courses or further education
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Career Coach- Chatham County (11 months) is a part of the Central Carolina Works (CCW) team. The CCW program is an initiative to support high school students who are participating in the state Career and College Promise Program (CCP). The CCP program allows high school students the opportunity to earn college credit while completing high school requirements.
Central Carolina Community College places Career Coaches in all service-area high schools. The Career Coach is assigned to work at Chatham Central and Seaforth high schools. The Career Coach’s role is to support potential and current students in the CCP program through career and college exploration, registration and advising, and relationship building. The Career Coach will support any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and work in conjunction with the Lead Career Coach for Chatham County. This position reports to the Executive Director of Secondary Partnerships.
This position is open until filled.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Work in collaboration with the principals, high school counselors, high school career development coordinators, and the CCCC Executive Director of Secondary Partnerships to facilitate CCP programing at Chatham Central High School and Seaforth High School.
- Participate in Chatham County Schools (CCS) meetings regarding CCP and CCCC.
- Provide college and career advising and register students in courses per CCP pathways and policies.
- Maintain and submit enrollment records as required.
- Participate in any school-related activities in which CCP pathways can be promoted (e.g. parent nights).
- Manage college textbooks at high school sites.
- Utilize the early alert system to identify and provide intervention, resources and strategies for students in need of support.
- Work with the Career Coach team to ensure CCP and college enrollment goals are met and college pathway materials and instructional supplies are distributed.
- Participate in team meetings and professional development activities as directed by the Executive Director of Secondary Partnerships.
- Engage students, counselors, faculty, parents and all stakeholder in information sessions related to college success and CCP advising sessions on related topics.
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support college activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Secondary Partnerships.
- Travel required within the service area.
- Travel for professional development opportunities/conferences.
- Some evening/night work required. i.e. parent nights at high schools
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the Career Coach Chatham County will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences, and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.