Closes: Friday, December 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelors’ Degree from regionally accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years; experience in secondary and/or post-secondary education
- Masters’ Degree from regionally accredited institution
- Experience in higher education
- Experience in the community college sector
- Experience using various career exploration tools
- Experience interpreting labor market information
- Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish
The Career Coach assists South Davidson High School students with determining career goals and identifying College programs that would enable students to achieve these goals. This is a grant-funded, full-time 10-month position and will be physically located at South Davidson High School. The Career Coach reports directly to the Davidson-Davie, Career Development and has the following responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and implements programs and services that provide support, engagement and guidance to help high school students define career interests and explore career and educational opportunities.
- Meets one-on-one with students and families to discuss academic and career goals and develops pathways and monitors student progress toward goal achievement.
- In collaboration with the South Davidson High School Career Development Coordinator, teachers, counselors and the Davidson-Davie Career Development office facilitate career exploration, job shadowing, internships, apprenticeships and other career activities to equip students with necessary skills and employment preparation strategies.
- Collaborates with the Career Development Coordinator and the Davidson-Davie Career Development office to maintain and distribute information regarding career fields, employment opportunities, labor market information and specific employers for full-time and part-time internship and work-study opportunities.
- Complies data and maintains records to evaluate and report program objectives and success for the purpose of modifying and/or enhancing program structure and meeting program goals.
- Collaborates with community college personnel to provide Davidson County students and their families with information and support regarding college admissions, Career & College Promise pathways, student financial aid and testing.
- Prepares a variety of manual and electronic reports and materials for the purpose of communicating with staff, students, and community stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the high school Career Development Coordinator and the Davidson-Davie Director, Career Development to design and coordinate a variety of events, programs and presentations (student assessments, classroom presentations, career fairs, career day, field trips, student placement and follow-up, teacher and counselor in-services, etc.) for the purpose of supporting a smooth transition of students from middle school to high school and from high school to post-secondary opportunities (college, employment, military training, etc.).
- Collaborates with the high school Career Development Coordinator to develop relationships and jointly serve as liaison with post-secondary institutions, employers, community leaders, for the purpose of building resources and expanding program opportunities for job shadowing, internships and apprenticeships.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, and committees (community organizations, advisory committees, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions and remaining knowledgeable of career opportunities and program requirements.
- Collaborates with the high school Career Development Coordinator to jointly represent Davidson County High School and Davidson County Community College to various on- and off-campus groups, including meetings with employers, middle and high school parents and teachers, students and the general public.
- Participates in professional development opportunities as appropriate for the position to achieve program outcomes and goals.
- Promotes the College mission, values and vision.
- Performs other tasks as assigned that support the College mission and program initiatives.