North Rowan High School, Salisbury, NC
Closes: Thursday, March 26, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree in education, counseling, human services or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of graduation requirements and entrance requirements for post-secondary institutions.
• Ability to work with students, parents, faculty, post-secondary educational representatives, industry and community groups.
• Possess knowledge and meet eligibility requirements for career tools appropriate to the high school setting.
• Administer and interpret career assessments/inventories to assist in identifying strengths, interests and potential career paths for students.
• Demonstrate the ability to help students gain an awareness of interests and abilities, in order to prepare them in making sound educational course selections, which will lead to appropriate careers commensurate with interests, abilities and knowledge.
• Demonstrate the ability to use culturally relevant and responsive strategies when making student , parent, community or classroom presentations
• Updated knowledge of computer hardware and software, including Microsoft Office Suite and Internet.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record required, as well as a positive background check
High School Career Coaches are community college employees placed in local high schools to help high school students define their career aspirations and to explore community college and other post-secondary programs, including apprenticeships and workforce training, that can help students achieve their educational, career, and financial goals. The High School Career Coach program is a partnership program between Rowan-Cabarrus Community College and three Rowan-Salisbury public high school partners (North Rowan, South Rowan, and Salisbury High Schools). Career Coaches work with high school students to provide support, encouragement, and guidance needed to achieve this goal.