Career Coach - Harnett County
Harnett County, NC
Closes: Monday, March 20, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Required educational background:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Required kind and number years of work experience:
- 1 year of experience in academic advising students for community college courses or further education
- Experience using Colleague and Blackboard
- Experience in advising high school students for community college courses or further education
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Career Coach- Harnett County (11 months) is a part of the Central Carolina Works (CCW) team. The CCW program is an initiative to support high school students who are participating in the state Career and College Promise Program (CCP). The CCP program allows high school students the opportunity to earn college credit while completing high school requirements.
Central Carolina Community College places Career Coaches in all service-area high schools. The Career Coach is assigned to work at Harnett Central and Harnett Early College. The Career Coach’s role is to support potential and current students in the CCP program through career and college exploration, registration and advising, and relationship building. The Career Coach will support any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and work in conjunction with the Lead Career Coach for Harnett County. This position reports to the Executive Director of Secondary Partnerships.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Work in collaboration with the principals, high school counselors, high school career development coordinators, and the CCCC Executive Director of Secondary Partnerships to facilitate CCP & CIHS programing at Harnett Central High School and Harnett Early College.
- Participate in Harnett County Schools (HCS) meetings regarding CCP/CIHS and CCCC.
- Provide college and career advising and register students in courses per CCP & CIHS pathways and policies.
- Maintain and submit enrollment records as required.
- Participate in any school-related activities in which CCP/CIHS pathways can be promoted (e.g. parent nights).
- Manage college textbooks at high school sites.
- Utilize the early alert system to identify and provide intervention, resources and strategies for students in need of support.
- Work with the Career Coach team to ensure CCP/CIHS and college enrollment goals are met and college pathway materials and instructional supplies are distributed.
- Participate in team meetings and professional development activities as directed by the Executive Director of Secondary Partnerships.
- Engage students, counselors, faculty, parents and all stakeholder in information sessions related to college success and CCP/CIHS advising sessions on related topics.
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support college activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Secondary Partnerships.
- Travel required within the service area.
- Travel for professional development opportunities/conferences.
- Some evening/night work required. i.e. parent nights at high schools
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, all staff will encourage a learning environment in which everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.
Job Post Contact
Central Carolina Community College Human Resources
1105 Kelly Drive, Sanford, NC 27540