Closes: Sunday, September 30, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree in counseling, education, or a related field from an accredited institution. Two (2) years directly related experience working with high school students and career advising and at least two (2) years relevant experience working with the North Carolina Community College system or institution of higher education.
To connect students with community college programs that will assist in preparing for career goals.
- Communicate with all stakeholder groups with regard to career pathway opportunities.
- Development of pedagogical materials and technologies needed to enhance the advising process.
- Work collaboratively with school counselors and Career Development Counselors (CDC) on pathway development aligned with Career Clusters.
- Build seamless student management systems communications between college and school system.
- Ensure student success and retention through attendance tracking and communication between community college instructors and high school data managers.
- Provide professional development for middle school teachers and counselors, and high school teachers, counselors, and CDCs.
- Assist counselors and CDCs in scheduling to facilitate certificate completion.
- Advise students on college transfer and career pathways.
- Assist students and schools in scheduling students for correct academic courses associated with career pathways.
- Register students for classes.
- Develop new career pathways associated with local industry career clusters.
- Connect students to service learning, job shadowing, and internship opportunities.
- Work with industry partners to ascertain skills sets required for employment.
- Work with industry to assess new career needs.
- Enhance access to NCC for underrepresented and those at risk of not pursuing higher education.
- Coach students on successfully completing online courses in partial fulfillment of certificate completion.
- Enhance access to career pathway choices for the underrepresented and those at risk of not pursuing higher education.
Job Post Contact
All applicants must complete a Nash Community College Employment Application and submit it along with, where applicable, college transcripts to:
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 7488
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Fax number: 252-451-8201
Submit via email to email@example.com