Closes: Thursday, December 6, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required
Three years of increasing responsible experience in administering community college and/or public schools academic and instructional programs.
Master’s degree preferred
Experience in the Career & College Promise program is preferred
Cape Fear Community College partners with a variety of outside agencies to offer programs and services designed to provide seamless transitions from high school to college and from the two- year college to the four-year college.
Under the North Carolina Career and College Promise Program, CFCC offers local high school students the opportunity to enroll in college level classes for dual college/high school credit. The incumbent helps to coordinate dual enrollment opportunities for local qualifying high school students enrolled in traditional (four-year) high schools and serves as the primary college representative for Pender Early College, maintaining a weekly presence at this school.
CFCC also collaborates with four-year colleges to establish joint agreements designed to provide clear pathways for transferring from a CFCC degree program to a baccalaureate degree program. The incumbent serves as a liaison between these four-year colleges and CFCC and maintains records of joint agreements between these institutions.
The position is full-time, 12 months, 40 hours per week on campus. Employees in this position will work a schedule as directed by their supervisor. In accordance with the needs of the College, the public schools, and the students, this position will sometimes require working during days when the College or the public school is not in session.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
- Receives direction from the Senior Director of Student Services-off campus sites
- No direct supervisory requirements.
ESSENTIAL AND OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS STATEMENTS:
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as the primary college representative for Pender and New Hanover County local high schools (private and public) participating in the Career and College Promise Program
Work with college department chairs and deans to schedule college classes for Pender Early College and other classes scheduled for Career & College Promise Program students.
Meet with students and parents to promote enrollment in Career & College Promise pathways
- Assist Student Development with placement testing, application, and registration of high school students in postsecondary courses.
- Develop and implement processes to efficiently monitor and track student CCP records to ensure compliance with state guidelines for CCP.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure students are taking classes within their established pathways.
- Collaborate with other Educational Partnerships Liaison, NC Works Career Coaches and key college and high school staff to develop and facilitate standardized policies and procedures for placement of students into postsecondary courses.
- Facilitate cooperative planning to align secondary and postsecondary expectations and policies with all three Career and College Promise pathways.
- Support post-secondary faculty teaching college courses to high school students. (Reminder: Issues pertaining to course content is the responsibility of the Department Chairs.)
- Maintain currency with statewide guidelines and best practices for the Career & College Promise Program.
Joint Agreements with Colleges/Universities - Working with key college officials, the incumbent will:
- Serve as a liaison between the college and collaborating colleges and universities
- Maintain documentation for joint agreements to ensure compliance with SACS and NCCCS standards and policies.
Participate in local and statewide meetings involving partnerships with senior institutions.
Maintain and publish up-to-date information on joint agreements that allow current students or graduate the opportunity to enroll in a four-year degree program offered, in part, on the campuses of CFCC.
Represent the Career & College Promise programs to the community and outside organizations.
Provide guidance for faculty and students involved in the early college high school programs.
- Provide other data as requested.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.