Main Campus, Graham, NC
Closes: Friday, July 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, higher education administration, student affairs, education, human resources or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Experience advising students in a secondary or post-secondary academic setting
- Knowledge of Colleague software
This position provides academic advising for students in the dual enrollment program. Advising will focus on developing educational plans that align with post-secondary and career goals.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Maintain knowledge of CCP eligibility requirements and pathway options
- Work with CCP students to develop comprehensive education plans that take into account post-secondary education goals, career plans and their high school course schedule
- Advise students on their pathway options and duration of eligibility in the CCP program
- Educate students about limitations and possible consequences of academic decisions including adding, dropping, and withdrawing from courses
- Communicate with high school counselors regarding individual student plans and grades, when necessary
- Assist students in researching requirements for their chosen major at prospective four year colleges and universities
- Refer students to campus resources as appropriate (e.g. Distance Learning Center, Math Lab, Tutoring Center)
- Represent the Career & College Promise program at recruiting events
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application. Transcript MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered for this position!
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: