Alamance Community College (Main Campus)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, August 7, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years' experience from a regionally accredited institution in Nursing
- Registered Nurse with at least two years of RN nursing experience, to include one year of full-time employment by a Home Health agency providing direct patient care.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills – Must be demonstrably proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.), as well as email and internet
- Commitment to the use of technology in instruction
- Develop effective links with the local community, including business and industry, in order to extend the subject curriculum, enhance teaching and to develop students’ wider understanding
- Current North Carolina driver’s license and the ability to use the College’s passenger van.
The part-time position works with the Career College program. Career College is a two-year post-secondary certificate program through Workforce Development. This entry-level program develops reading, math, computer skills along with participation in a hands-on lab or practicum experience within a specific program of study. The target student population is persons with intellectual or developmental disabilities. Example of Duties:
- Conduct training using highly interactive, activity-based curriculum designed to develop the professional skills, knowledge and performance
- Ability to incorporate demonstrations, group discussions, role plays, team presentations, and other participatory activities to the learning environment
- Evaluates student progress and provides appropriate feedback
- Prepare lesson plans, course overviews, and course syllabi
- Uses appropriate technology (Moodle) to enhance student learning
Enhance learning and application of skills through access to lab and practicum
- The position reports to the Career College Coordinator and works in conjunction with the Nurse Aide curriculum faculty.
Normal Work Schedule
Monday- Thursday: 9am- 11:30am (year 1)
12:30pm - 3:30pm (year 2)