Closes: Friday, January 15, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree in a vocational/technology-related field is required. Bachelor's degree is preferred in vocational/technology-related field.
Minimum of 2 years work experience in a career/technical field.
Strong leadership and communication skills; Excellent organizational skills; Critical thinker with good problem-solving skills; Self-motivated; Enthusiastic; Patient; Good character.
The Career Exploration Coach is located at Roanoke-Chowan Community College and visits assigned high schools in the college's service area (Hertford, Bertie, Gates counties). The Career Exploration Coach works collaboratively with faculty and staff of Roanoke-Chowan Community College and assigned high schools to promote career awareness and assist with the educational transition process for high school students. The Career Exploration Coach is responsible for the coordination and implementation of student recruitment, enrollment plans, and strategies designed to increase high school enrollment and student success at Roanoke-Chowan Community College.
- Engage students, counselors, faculty, parents, and other stakeholders in order to provide information sessions related to college success and opportunities at Roanoke-Chowan Community College.
- Work in collaboration with high school counselors and Career Development Counselors to identify and advise students regarding opportunities at Roanoke-Chowan Community College, to include Career and College Promise
- Work in collaboration with high school Career Development Coordinators and Career and Technical Education teachers to promote CTE degree options/careers and develop career plans
- Participate in school-related activities in which Roanoke-Chowan Community College can be promoted (parent nights, grade-level meetings, financial aid events)
- Advise prospective students through the recruitment and enrollment process
- Maintain records for enrollment, tracking and audit reporting purposes
- Conduct orientations for CCP students at the beginning of each semester, as appropriate
- Submit progress reports to Director, College Recruitment and High School Partnerships documenting progress and outcome data
- Maintain quality partnerships with secondary school personnel in collaboration with the Perkins Coordinator
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management Team to ensure college recruitment and enrollment goals are met
- Participate in team meetings and professional development activities, as directed by the Perkins Coordinator