Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Closes: Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
- Associate’s degree;
- Two years of part-time or equivalent experience working with individuals with barriers to employment;
- Case management experience;
- Marketing or recruiting experience with diverse populations;
- Two years of part-time or equivalent experience in workforce development;
1. Five years of part-time or equivalent experience working with individuals with barriers.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Criminal Justice or related field.
3. Five years of part-time or equivalent experience in workforce development.
4.Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Serves as liaison between NCWorks Career Center-Madison, A-B Tech, local workforce, and non-profit agencies to support individuals with employment needs and barriers. Helps to place A-B Tech students and community members in training opportunities and local jobs. Maintains and creates new business and industry partnerships as needed. Works with the NC Works Career Center – Madison office to identify career and educational pathways for A-B Tech students and community members. Helps to develop, coordinate, maintain, and track educational and employment opportunities for clients. Completes reporting requirements as necessary for Mountain Area Workforce Development Board or other grant resources. Responsible for marketing workforce development and mentoring through various methods.
- Counsels students and clients in the Madison NC Works Center on funding opportunities for displaced workers and A-B Tech Programs.
- Serves as an A-B Tech representative in local workforce development groups and initiatives. Develops community outreach plan and relationships with local partners toward recruitment.
- Mentors and tracks client progress toward training or employment goals.
- Conducts thorough needs analyses and career assessments/interest inventories to understand client needs.
- Connects clients to local/state workforce programs and employment opportunities.
- Participates in community outreach events to expand awareness of training and employment resources available through A-B Tech and NCWorks-Madison.
- Participates in local and state level meetings and conferences to share best practices and challenges to implementation.
- Partners with A-B Tech programs and departments including Economic & Workforce Development/Continuing Education, Curriculum Programs, and Student Services.
- Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
- Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.