Brunswick Community College
50 College Road NE
Bolivia, NC 28422
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, August 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree or Certification in Carpentry from an accredited institution or five years of direct as a carpenter or construction worker in residential and/or commercial setting
- Must be willing to take part in the National Center for Construction Education and Research NCCER training
- Must be able to work evening and nights
- Proven record of excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Community College or University teaching experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: classroom instruction and laboratory, examination preparation and grading, while preparing students for a rewarding career in the construction industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides students with hands on training as well as textbook training to succeed in carpentry/construction
- Demonstrates an ability to study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Ability to shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws and to follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Assists students in installing tile, structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on building codes and regulations
How to Apply
A completed and signed Brunswick Community College application, a letter stating your qualifications related to the position requirements, skills and abilities, unofficial transcripts, and resume are preferred for most positions.
Applications can be found online at www.brunswickcc.edu
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to any of the following:
Human Resources, Brunswick Community College
PO Box 30
Supply, NC, 28462
Fax (910) 754-8229
Telephone: (910) 755-7300
BCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer