- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, June 13, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Arts-Carpentry, Building Construction, Construction Management or related field, OR
- Associate's degree and demonstrated competencies in carpentry or construction trade OR
- Alternate portfolio detailing demonstrated competencies in teaching specific carpentry or construction trade courses discipline.
- NCCER Instructor Certification ( or ability to gain within 1 year)
- Secondary or postsecondary teaching experience.
- NC General Contractors License.
The Central Carolina Community College 2015-2019 Strategic Plan lists "Learning First" as the primary institutional goal. All faculty and staff are empowered as educators, committed to responsibility for the learning process.
The Carpentry Instructor (9 month contract) position will be based at the Harnett Correctional Institute in Lillington. Instructor covers basic carpentry terminology and technical aspects of carpentry with emphasis on development of introductory skills. Instructor implements learning strategies appropriate for this course including apprenticeship, cooperative education, and job shadowing. Instructor will prepare students for National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) certification.
- Instructs students on Carpentry curriculum.
- Prepares and administers examinations, student projects and other teaching aids needed to fulfill objectives of programs.
- Prepares standardized course syllabus, outline and daily lesson plans and submits them to the Director.
- Prepares, provides and reviews the course syllabus and outline with students on the first day of class enrollment.
- Maintains and ensures consistency between the course objectives and the daily lesson plans.
- Maintains accurate records of attendance, grades, progress of students, and reports the same in a timely manner to Director
- Sets up classroom, lab equipment, projects, and assignments in preparation for each new phase or class start.
- Maintains safe clean effective and professional learning environment.
- Submits an annual professional development plan to the Director.
- Completes all scheduled/ assigned activities in support of the current year individual faculty development plan.
- Communicates program supply, equipment and staffing needs to the Director.
- Registers assigned list of students every semester.
- Ensures classroom management an enforcement of school regulations and student code of conduct.
- Completes administrative duties and other projects as assigned by the Director.
- Consents to faculty classroom observations to be conducted in person.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Submit records and forms in a timely fashion as required in the policy and procedures manual.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Actively participate in professional organizations.
- Assume other duties as requested by the supervisor and the College.