Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Monday, May 17, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree;
2. Must have a minimum of five years of full-time or equivalent experience working in a case management role;
3. Must have experience with Microsoft Office, database applications, and data tracking systems;
4. Must have experience working with a diverse and low-income population
1. One year of full-time or equivalent experience working in workforce development setting;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent community college student services experience;
3. Experience with community service outreach;
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for coordinating all activities related to WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) and also screening students and administering other funding sources and recruiting for other continuing education courses.
1. Informs new students of continuing education programs. Provides career coaching as well as peer support.
2. Engages new workforce agencies with which to collaborate and better serve our students with not only education but also employment leads.
3. Assesses students with interest in career pathways aligned with skilled training to meet their needs. Ensuring each person has all the required documents.
4. Visits information sessions with prior notice to provide students with information on other funding possibilities to further assist them.
5. Creates marketing materials to distribute both on and off-campus. Provides suggestions to marketing and communications for awareness of continuing education funding sources.
6. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
7. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.