Closes: Sunday, June 24, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree (A.S., A.A.) or two year technical certificate in Finance or related field; and 2-4 years of related experience.
- Basic accounting principles and practices;
- Data entry techniques;
- Mathematical concepts;
- Customer service principles;
- Automated accounting software packages;
- Recordkeeping principles;
- Computers and related software applications;
- Applicable Federal, State, and/or local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Providing customer service;
- Performing mathematical calculations;
- Balancing accounts;
- Reconciling financial records and information;
- Operating standard office equipment;
- Tabulating, recording, and balancing transactions;
- Using a computer and applicable software applications;
- Applying applicable Federal, State, and/or local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
Responsibilities may include: entering invoices for payment; approving reimbursements & requisitions; preparing journal entries and creating financial reports.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
1.Collects, receives, verifies, distributes, and/or approves payments, payroll, checks, reimbursements, refunds, and other expenses made by/from students, staff, or external parties, including vendors; enters invoices for payment; and sends out and ensures completion of financial forms
2.Updates, maintains, verifies, and/or reviews accounting journals, ledgers, deposit slips, invoices, and other records and requisitions to document financial business transactions and facilitate department/program operations; enters information and updates accounting systems
3.Creates financial reports and other documents and provides information to the Finance department and other external agencies regarding Financial programs
4.Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest, and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: