Morehead City, NC
Closes: Friday, October 29, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a Full-Time Cashier position in the Business Office, with an anticipated start date of December 1, 2021.
Minimum Hiring Salary: $29,640.
The incumbent’s major responsibility is Cashier for the College. The incumbent is responsible for the accurate posting of all monies received by the College in the Colleague database system.
Associate's degree (preferred) in Business Related Curriculum with a minimum of 9 semester hours in Accounting or equivalent education and experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with computerized spreadsheet and database knowledge.
- 2 years full-time work experience in an accounting function
See Minimum Qualifications
- Posting cash receipts to individual student accounts and all other accounts receivables held by the College.
- Debt Set-Off
- Reconciling and preparing daily bank deposits.
- Reporting daily cash activity to the appropriate agencies.
- Print all checks issued by the College, both payroll and accounts payable.
- Disburse all student, staff, and faculty refunds, including monthly payroll checks.
- Assist all customers at Cashier window and telephone requests.
- Maintains files with copies of all patron fees and Corporate and Continuing Education fees collected.
- Prepares various reports as required.
- Maintaining Vending and Petty Cash funds in Business Office
- Perform surprise quarterly cash counts on petty cash in all departments.
- Maintains Promissory Note records for students.
- Maintains files and processes all NSF checks with the County Magistrate Office.
- Works closely with AR staff in maintaining student records.
- Monitors Nelnet payment plans to make sure activity is accurately recorded to the student accounts.
- Reviews P-Card reconciliation forms for supporting documentation before giving to the P-Card Administrator.
- Monitors deposit slips, check stock and general office supplies. Re-orders as needed.
- Performs general administrative duties for the staff in the Business Office.
- Sorts and distributes the mail delivered to the College into the appropriate mailboxes.
- Scans into the Etrieve system all DCA’s and check packets.
- Makes copies of check packets for invoicing
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557