Morehead City, NC
Closes: Tuesday, February 14, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education: Associate degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a closely related field required, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Skills: One year of cashier experience. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and the public. Must possess strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word. Preferred: Cashier experience in an educational or governmental setting, including experience with Colleague.
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time Cashier. Benefits include paid leave, pension fully vested upon 5 years of employment, and low-cost health and optional insurance such as dental and vision. Applications will be accepted through February 14, 2023.
The Cashier is responsible for the accurate posting of all monies received by the College in to the Colleague database system.
Example of Essential Duties include:
- Process all incoming cash receipts for tuition and fees, sponsorship payments, reimbursements, departmental deposits, and various other payments.
- Reconcile the cash drawer and daily deposit and transmit deposit information to NCCCS every morning.
- Works closely with Account Receivable Technician in maintaining student records.
- Answer phones and assist customers at Cashier window.
- Disburse all student, staff, and faculty refunds, including monthly payroll checks; print checks as necessary.
- Monitor payment plans and maintain Promissory Note records to make sure activity is accurately recorded to the student accounts.
- Maintains records of all patron and Corporate and Continuing Education fees collected.
- Submit unpaid accounts monthly to NCDOR; Debt Setoff Unit.
- Maintains files and processes all NSF checks with the County Magistrate’s Office.
- Responsible for Vending and Petty Cash funds in Business Office
- Verification of all cash on campus through periodic audits of departmental petty cash accounts.
- Reviews P-Card reconciliation forms for supporting documentation before giving to the P-Card Administrator.
- Monitors deposit slips, check stock and general office supplies. Re-orders as needed.
- Performs general administrative duties for the staff in the Business Office.
- Sorts and distributes the mail delivered to the College into the appropriate mailboxes.
- Scans into the Etrieve system all DCA’s and check packets.
- Prepares various reports as required.
- Serve on College committees and task forces as assigned.
- Attend required campus events including graduation, professional development, & employee meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
Work is carried out in a standard heated and air conditioned area in a public area located in the H.J. McGee building. There will be frequent interruptions both from students and the public. Some evening work may be required. Some travel may be required from time to time for professional development.
Applicants will be asked to complete a practical test (basic math and deposit slip) prior to their interview.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. All job offers are conditional, subject to a satisfactory background check.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557