- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, December 4, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree
- Valid NCDL
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- Experience working with adult learners
- Experience working in a business or education setting
The HRD/Community Outreach Specialist for CCR will develop and supervise HRD classes to be taught both online and in a seated environment year-round for CCR. This person shall also recruit instructors to teach the HRD classes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- In addition to planning the classes, the HRD/Community Outreach Specialist shall work closely with the marketing department to advertise the classes.
- The HRD/Community Outreach Specialist will work with community organizations to recruit students for the classes.
- This person shall recruit instructors to teach the HRD classes.
- Coordinates the development of curriculum, course outlines, and materials.
- Conducts required classroom visits (on-campus and remote locations) and completes reports according to policy.
- Prepares college and NCCCS reports as requested by the Director of CCR as required for HRD programs.
- Conducts class evaluations in compliance with Continuing Education Accountability & Credibility policy.
- Monitor classes to ensure faculty follow college, state, and National Reporting System (NRS) guidelines, attendance rosters needs, course grading requirements, and testing readiness.
- Monitor and analyze student and class data for the development and implementation of program improvement strategies.
- Assists Director of CCR in planning and implementing the goals and objectives for HRD.
- Assists Director of CCR in student recruitment and retention.
- Develops and revises course outlines, lesson plans, and other instructional material as needed for the HRD program.
- Assists as needed with orientation for students entering CCR programs.
- Monitors student progress post-testing to student goal completion.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of materials needs for instruction in HRD.
- Recruits, interviews, and recommends instructors/staff for employment.
- Secures substitutes as needed for classes.
- Orients new hires to CCR department regulations and practices, NRS requirements, and NCCCS requirements.
- Assesses the professional development needs of instructors and provide training as necessary.
- Monitors and evaluates instructor effectiveness
- Attends meetings, conferences, and training sessions as required.
- Serves on assigned college committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Colleague/Datatel Training
- Self-Service/WebAdvisor Training
- Policy/Procedure Training
- School Dude
- Leadership Training
- HRD professional development sessions are provided by the NCCCS office.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001