RCC Service Area
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, June 24, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Current unrestricted North Carolina Registered Nursing License required.
A B.S.N. from a regionally accredited institution preferred.Teaching experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to integrate computers into the instructional environment and on-line teaching experience preferred.
Description of the Position:
An Instructor, under the authority and direction of the Vice President for Instruction/Chief Academic Officer and in cooperation with the Department Chairperson/Program Coordinator and Dean, is responsible for providing effective instruction in the assigned curriculum area.
Duties and responsibilities of an Instructor are as follows:
- Teaches students effectively to meet student learning outcomes.
- Holds class sessions as scheduled to meet student learning outcomes.
- Maintains office hours as required by college policy.
- Makes course syllabi and Instructor Course Requirements available to students no later than the first class session or the first date of the course session for Distance Learning courses.Rubrics used to evaluate specific assignments should also be made available to students.
- Provides clearly organized and understandable instruction.
- Provides adequate and timely feedback and evaluation of assignments.
- Maintains a positive attitude in interactions with students and shows a genuine concern for student learning.
- Fulfills obligations in student recruiting, advising, orientation, and registration.
- Assists in the continual evaluation and enhancement of curricula through the planning process and departmental meetings.
- Provides the Vice President for Instruction or his/her designee with updated Instructor’s Course Requirements that reflect expected student learning outcomes.
- Submits accurate and complete records and reports in a timely manner in order to provide assessment data for institutional improvement.
- Attends and participates in faculty, advisory, and assigned committee meetings designated to improve curriculum programs.
- Participates in professional development, including back-to-industry, conference, and workshop activities that lead to professional and institutional advancement.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Understanding of and commitment to the unique nature and role of the Institution. Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Able to teach in various delivery modes. Willing to accept day and/or evening teaching assignments and teaching assignments at other locations as needed by the Institution.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Current unrestricted North Carolina Registered Nursing License required. A B.S.N. from a regionally accredited institution preferred.Teaching experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to integrate computers into the instructional environment and on-line teaching experience preferred.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at http://richmondcc.edu/contact-us/employment
- Fax 910-582-7028
Position Available: August 12, 2019. Application review begins: June 24, 2019. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts. Submittal of incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.