Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, March 14, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A minimum of an associate degree in Surgical Technology from a regionally accredited institution.
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience, either in the operating room scrub role or as an instructor in surgical technology, or a combination of both, within the past ten years.
- Demonstration of skills in the areas of communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a collaborative team environment;
- Display respect for social, cultural, spiritual, and intellectual diversity.
- Provide leadership, vision, planning, and supervision for the Surgical Technology program.
- Ensure program alignment with National Center for Competency Testing critical job skills competencies.
- Promote a safe environment conducive to learning and maintain high standards in all programs and courses, in accordance with academic policies and procedures.
- Oversee and participate in recruitment, selective admissions, enrollment, advising, and retention development strategies, including program faculty participation in the MAPS Center.
- Plan and deliver instruction according to the Faculty Workload Policy.
- Provide leadership in course development, scheduling, and classroom management.
- Assist faculty in establishing and executing student learning and program outcomes and assess related data for continuous improvement of student success.
- Collaborate with secondary and university partners to facilitate student access, progression, and completion of surgical technician career pathways.
- Collaborate with industry partners to ensure the program addresses service area needs, including current and future needs.
- Direct the development and administration of the departmental budget.
- Oversee the acquisition and maintenance of instructional supplies and equipment.
- Manage the hiring, credentialing, orientation, and evaluation of full and part-time faculty.
- Serve on College committees and task forces as assigned.
- Attend required campus events including graduation, professional development, and employee meetings.
- Provide program representation at Health Sciences Division meetings and related division activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must complete our online application and attach a cover letter, a copy of your higher education transcript, and a copy of your current credentials. A resume would also be helpful.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557