Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Saturday, July 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master's degree in Chemistry or Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in Chemistry.
Knowledge and Skills
- Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility.
- Demonstration of skill in communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
- Position requires mobility and the ability to stand for long periods of time.
See minimum qualifications.
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time (10 month) Chemistry Instructor for on campus classroom instruction. The candidate must have the ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule. This is a benefit eligible position. Benefits include 12 paid holidays per year, paid sick leave, eligibility for State Health Plan insurance at nominal cost to employee, and eligibility for membership in the Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System (TSERS).
The instructor will fulfill instructional duties for courses at the College, collaborate with the Chair, and advise students in the university transfer degree programs, as well as the other job responsibilities described below.
Teaching and Learning:
- Provide instruction to students with a faculty workload consistent with full time instructor expectations.
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the Chair.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing appropriate, meaningful instructional activities.
- Adhere to departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers approved competencies.
- Request supplies and materials for courses and recommend appropriate equipment or technology.
- Maintain required college records including attendance, grades, books, etc.
- Evaluate student performance and learning outcomes using methods appropriate to the courses.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to developing and updating program(s) in area of expertise.
- Work with the Chair to ensure courses support program learning outcomes.
- Assist in the development of new instructional materials for courses.
- Follow common and master syllabi as well as record and provide outcome data.
- Provide innovative instruction in an environment conducive to learning while maintaining high standards.
- Uphold academic policies and procedures.
- Assist the Chair in reviewing textbook adoptions.
- Assist the Chair in maintaining appropriate chemical inventories, including SDS sheets.
Program Review and Planning:
- Work with faculty to establish and execute short- and long-term program goals.
- Participate in data gathering, interpretation, and evaluation activities.
- Collaborate with faculty in periodic reviews of planning and goal attainment.
- Provide assistance to advisees, which includes advising in the MAPS Center.
- Maintain proficiency in program requirements of advisees.
- Participate in department, division, and college-wide advising activities.
- Maintain proficiency in advising technology and attend advising training sessions.
- Establish a professional development plan that is approved by the Chair and Dean.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other required professional credentials.
- Keep abreast of current technology.
- Attend on- and off-campus workshops, conferences, and professional development activities or meetings.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Participate in college-wide activities.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.carteret.edu. Applications will be accepted through July 31, 2021. Attach to application a resume, unofficial copy of all academic transcripts.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional subject to a successful background check.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557