Main Campus/In Person Classes
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, October 22, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Position requires a Master's degree with a minimum of 18 hours in the discipline
Previous teaching experience in a community college setting
Position: Chemistry Instructor (Full-time)
Basic purpose of position:
Under supervision of the Vice President for Instruction, and in cooperation with the Dean, the Instructor is responsible for assigned teaching duties and other related institutional activities.
Master’s in Chemistry with 18 credit hours in the discipline required. Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Plan, organize, and develop each course taught in accordance with acceptable academic standards.
- Maintain up-to-date course outlines and objectives for each course to be taught, assist with the development of new courses, and assist in revisions of existing courses.
- Serve as a faculty advisor as assigned and be available for advising of students on all designated registration days.
- Participate in a continuous program of curriculum evaluation.
- Assist in developing program budgets for supplies and equipment and submit requisition information for the administration to order these items.
- Evaluate each student by keeping necessary records to provide the college with an adequate profile of each student.
- Promote retention by assisting students to develop strategies for success.
- Provide all class records/grades to the Registrar and to the Curriculum Records and Reporting Specialist.
Salary Range: In accordance with the College's Compensation Plan. Category 3: Curriculum Faculty
Estimated Range: $42,382 - $44,325 (9 month contract)
Work Schedule: Nine month Contract/Fall and Spring Semesters. Summer teaching opportunities will be available for additional compensation.
Proposed Hiring Date: As Soon As Possible. A six-month probationary period is required by college policy.
Deadline to Apply: October 22, 2021 or until filled.
How to Apply: A TCCC application is required, plus a letter of interest, resume, and transcript/s. For an application packet, contact the Human Resources Office at Tri-County Community College, 21 Campus Circle, Murphy, NC 28906. Phone: (828) 835-4325 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
A TCCC application is required, plus a letter of interest, resume, and transcript/s. For an application packet, contact the Human Resources Office at Tri-County Community College, 21 Campus Circle, Murphy, NC 28906. Phone: (828) 835-4325 or e mail email@example.com. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.