Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master's degree in Chemistry or Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in Chemistry
Master's Degree in Chemistry or Master's degree and 18 graduate hours in Chemistry
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time Chemistry Instructor. The applicant must possess a Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in Chemistry. The candidate must have the ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule. Limited travel within our service area is required.
To apply, complete our online application in its entirety (“See resume” is not acceptable) and attach a copy of your unofficial transcripts. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The position will begin immediately upon hire and successful background check.
Knowledge and Skills - Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility. Demonstration of skill in communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; and demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
Statement of Primary Purpose
The instructor will fulfill instructional duties at the College, collaborate with the Chair, and advise students in the university transfer degree programs, as well as the other job responsibilities described below.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Teaching and Learning:
- Provide instruction to students with a faculty workload consistent with full time instructor expectations.
- Assume responsibility for teaching assignments as recommended by the Chair.
- Facilitate the learning process by designing and implementing appropriate, meaningful instructional activities.
- Adhere to departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers approved competencies.
- Request supplies and materials for courses and recommend appropriate equipment or technology.
- Maintain required college records including attendance, grades, books, etc.
- Evaluate student performance and learning outcomes using methods appropriate to the courses.
- Participate in departmental activities relative to developing and updating program(s) in area of expertise.
- Work with the Chair to ensure courses support program learning outcomes.
- Assist in the development of new instructional materials for courses.
- Follow common and master syllabi as well as record and provide outcome data.
- Provide innovative instruction in an environment conducive to learning while maintaining high standards.
- Uphold academic policies and procedures.
- Assist the Chair in reviewing textbook adoptions.
Program Review and Planning:
- Work with faculty to establish and execute short- and long-term program goals.
- Participate in data gathering, interpretation, and evaluation activities.
- Collaborate with faculty in periodic reviews of planning and goal attainment.
- Provide assistance to advisees and maintain proficiency in program requirements of advisees.
- Participate in department, division, and college-wide advising activities.
Maintain proficiency in advising technology and attend advising training sessions.
- Establish a professional development plan that is approved by the Chair and Dean.
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position.
- Keep abreast of current technology.
- Attend on- and off-campus workshops, conferences, and professional development activities or meetings.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings.
- Serve on committees as required.
- Participate in college-wide activities.
Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel.
Job offers are conditional subject to satisfactory criminal background check. Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557