201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, North Carolina, 28034
Closes: Thursday, December 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree from a nationally accredited institution required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- At least ten years' related experience at a senior staff level required.
- Finance and capital project (facilities and construction) leadership and management experience required.
- Strong analytical, managerial, communication, and leadership skills required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required.
- Generally, works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment that requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- Position requires hours and work beyond the typical workweek.
- Senior level educational leadership experience preferred.
Review of applications will begin 09/28/22
Reporting to the President, and a member of the President’s Cabinet, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for leading and overseeing key functions of the College including Finance, Business Operations, Technology Services, Facilities, Plant Operations, and Construction. Provides input, support, and guidance for the Foundation and Development Office to advance strategic initiatives of the College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the development, design, operation, and improvement of systems to support the operations of the College. Ensures that operations are efficient, effective and properly managed so that resources and services are optimized for students, faculty, and staff.
- Provides oversight, direction, and development for Finance (accounting and budgeting). Responsible for cash flow, financial planning, and analyzing the College’s financial strengths and weaknesses and proposing strategic direction to ensure stable and compliant management of all funding and budgets that total in excess of $60 million, including, but not limited to proprietary, institutional, county, state, and federal funding and budgets.
- Oversees payroll, purchasing, shipping & receiving, bookstore, food services, and vending.
- Oversees information and computer technology services that include implementation, usability, and stability of information, networks, cybersecurity, and disaster recovery.
- Oversees facilities and plant operations (systems, buildings, and infrastructure) for the Dallas and Kimbrell campuses, and for defined facilities and operations aspects for the Lincoln Campus (in collaboration with Lincoln County and the City of Lincolnton), which includes, or may include, maintenance, housekeeping, grounds, and campus beautification. Oversees construction projects (ground-up through completion) and renovations including administrative compliance with local and state stakeholders, entities, and agencies.
- Provides input, support, and guidance for the Foundation and Development Office to advance strategic initiatives of the College. May assist with reviewing, analyzing, and managing Foundation budgets and supporting strategies to ensure financial stability and growth. Will engage in fundraising and related advancement activities focused on growth, fundraising, investment planning, endowments, scholarships, and donor relations.
- Responsible for strategic planning and initiatives including updating and/or developing the College’s Strategic Plan through goal setting, analysis, strategy formation, strategy implementation and strategy monitoring. Responsible for implementing the existing master plan including formulating key updates as deemed necessary or appropriate, and developing new and future master plans by facilitating input from key stakeholders, subject to approval by various entities such as the College’s Board of Trustees.
- Engages local and state industry representatives, government leaders, and key advocacy groups to develop and cultivate relationships to advance the College’s mission.
- Oversees, leads, guides, and/or directs specially assigned projects in support of the College and to advance its mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact