Closes: Sunday, June 13, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education or closely related field, and two (2) years of verifiable teaching, directing, and /or assistant directing experience in a child care center; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must hold the N.C. Early Childhood Administration Credential (NCECAC) from the N.C. Division of Child Development and Early Education (NC DCDEE), or current studies progressing towards the attainment of the credential or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret a variety of descriptive data and information, such as policy and procedure manuals, and government rules and regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply principles of influence systems, such as motivation, incentive, teaching pedagogy, and leadership.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to problem resolution.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education or closely related field.
- Certification in First Aid and Infant/Child CPR.
Under general supervision, an employee in this position has managerial oversight and responsibility for the overall operation of the Child Care Center located on the Main Campus of the College. Duties related to this position focus on the administration and supervision of the daily operations and staff of the Child Care Center in accordance with the rules and regulations for the operation of a Five Star licensed center in North Carolina. Duties of this position also focus on coordinating curriculum, reviewing lesson plans, and assisting in meal planning and ordering. Duties assigned may vary according to the specific needs of the Child Care Center and Division. This position has supervisory responsibilities for up to 10 staff and 38 children, and reports to the Business Services Manager.
- Oversees the general day-to-day operations of the Child Care Center program within the parameters established by the College Board of Trustees, Division of Child Development and Early Education, Department of Health and Human Services, and other governing and accrediting bodies for early childhood center operations.
- Coordinates, plans, and evaluates all aspects of the Child Care Center operations, including the coordination of curriculum and review of lesson plans.
- Develops, maintains, and updates all operational and personnel policies related to the Child Care Center operations as needed, including the preparation and maintenance of an annual parent handbook.
- Maintains positive working relationships with families of the children in the center by coordinating efforts to maintain and promote parent communications.
- Interviews and orients new full- and part-time staff.
- Supervises and evaluates all Child Care Center staff.
- Assures that the center maintains all N.C. licensing, building, fire, and sanitation standards with regard to the physical safety and well-being of the children.
- Prepares applications for annual licensing and periodic five star rating renewals.
- Seeks, organizes, or plans professional development opportunities for Child Care Center staff to meet all licensing regulations, College policies, and professional development needs of staff.
- Enrolls and orients new children and families to the program.
- Collaborates with the Business Services Department in the collection of enrollment fees.
- Develops schedules for the Child Care Center personnel.
- Maintains inventory of food and non-food related supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to effectively carry out program activities.
- Oversees the planning of menus for breakfast and lunch, food ordering, and buying in accordance with licensing requirements and/or the federal food program.
- Maintains record keeping for the Child Care Center as per licensing requirements, including all records and files related to staff and children.
- Oversees and manages the Child Care Center budget in collaboration with the Business Services Department.
- Collaborates with the Office of the College Foundation to seek quality improvement initiatives and grants that could benefit the program and the College.
- Collaborates with the College AAS Early Childhood Education program faculty and other program directors as the liaison to assure utilization of the Child Care Center within coursework at the College.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including project and committee work.
Job Post Contact