Closes: Friday, December 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma or GED.
- NC Early Childhood Credential (NCECC)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others
- Associate Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Early Childhood Education
- Experience in an Early Childhood setting
- Covid Vaccination ($300 Bonus)
Be part of something big.
Davidson-Davie Community College is an award-winning institution that is committed to being a welcoming campus community that reflects and enacts the values of diversity, equity and inclusion to ensure student learning and success. We seek candidates who will not only enhance our representational diversity but whose research, teaching, and community engagement efforts contribute to diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and working environments for our students, staff, and faculty. Our goal is to identify individuals who will assist in our mission, so that everyone has the opportunity to succeed at Davidson-Davie Community College.
Our benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. Benefits include:
Fully paid individual health insurance
· Fully paid dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· State Retirement Benefit
· Paid Holiday Leave
· Paid Vacation Leave (including 10 business days in December)
· Supplemental Insurance Options
We are a dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of our students, faculty and staff. The future is here!
The Child Development Center Staff I, Assistant Teacher has primary responsibility for effective design and implementation of a developmentally appropriate early care and education environment, as well as classroom supervision, role modeling and management. The CDC Staff I Assistant Teacher reports directly to the CDC Director and has the following responsibilities:
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Integrates Child Development principles into all aspects of program practices
- Assists in the design, implementation, and evaluation of developmentally appropriate environments that reflect the value of diversity for preschool children from six weeks to five years
- Works collaboratively with the CDC Director, teachers, parents, community, and students
- Demonstrates flexibility, openness to change, and commitment to working in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Recognizes and supports the integration of research-based current best practices in early care and learning
- Maintains safe, stimulating, organized and nurturing classroom environments
- Effectively communicates with families
- Supports efforts to ensure recommendation of appropriate resources and/or referrals for families
- Pursues appropriate professional development experiences
- Models professional integrity
- Assists as necessary with progress records of children’s development and learning in accordance to College, CDC, state, and local agency requirements
- Maintains sanitary conditions in accordance with state and local guidelines
- Contributes ideas for planning activities to promote campus and community involvement
- Prepares and posts daily schedules, written classroom activities and provides daily information for parents
- Assists in the implementation of a variety of teaching styles, updating classroom materials, and provision of a stimulating arrangement of classroom space and equipment