133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28349
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill and abilities.
Required:. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with completion of a graduate nursing education program within three years of initial employment; current unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina; good communication and human relation skills; basic computer skills. Have completed or within the first three years of employment complete preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education. CPR certification required along with requirements of clinical agencies as assigned.
Preferred: Graduate degree in Nursing Education from an accredited institution in addition to the other requirements listed above. Bilingual; Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
Required: Two calendar years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse
Preferred: Some experience in teaching nurse education at the college level; some
experience in varied health care areas; experience in teaching via distance learning.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus. May require travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here represent those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
If you need accommodations please contact 910-296-2400.
Applications submitted for continuous recruitment opportunities will remain active for 6 months.
HIRING RATE RANGE
MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $29.76 - $31.24 Per Hour
MAXIMUM HOURLY RATE: Depends on qualifications
Plan, prepare for, and teach classroom components of assigned Associate Degree Nursing and/or Practical Nursing courses; evaluate student progress; maintain necessary records and submit institutional reports in a timely manner; perform other job-related duties. This position reports to the Department Head – Health Education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets and holds classes as scheduled;
- Provides assistance to students;
- Refers students to other college staff when necessary;
- Prepares, implements, and evaluates student learning outcome-based course outlines based upon program outcomes;
- Keeps current and competent in nursing practice and teaching methodologies;
- Maintains student records and monitors student progress;
- Creates, administers, grades and maintains records for exams, projects, activities and reports for evaluation of students in classroom component of each course;
- Conduct student conferences on a semester basis in relation to progress in classroom;
- Completes and submits institutional (i.e. grades, SLO assessment, attendance) reports as required and in a timely manner;
- Participates/assists with coordination of specific program/course management;
- Provides students and college with written course expectations as defined by the college including general course information, course outcomes, methods used in evaluation of students, grading policy, attendance policy, textbooks, etc;
- Provides supervisor with copy of all course SLOs and SLO assessment;
- Provides supervisor with copy of all current course syllabi;
- Conducts on-going self-evaluations to improve instructional techniques and methodologies;
- Attend faculty meetings as required;
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily.
- Technology skills and ability to teach others.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proficiently operate a computer and related software.
- Use active listening skills.
- Be proactive, anticipate problems, and try to solve them independently.
- Be organized, with a flexible attitude.
- Be a team player.
- Demonstrate integrity (honesty, trustworthiness, high moral values).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven knowledge and skill in the use of advanced features of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
- Ability to show initiative and self-direction as well as communicate professionally across a variety of constituent groups.
- Proven ability to concurrently address issues of various levels of complexity.