- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Possess a BS in either Medical Technology (MT) or Medical Laboratory Science (MLS).
- Has at least three (3) years (6000 hours) of experience as a MT or MLS as a generalist or specialist.
- Certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
- Excellent Managerial skills.
- Leadership abilities.
- Knowledge of teaching-learning principles.
- Strong clinical competencies.
- High professional and ethical standards.
- community college teaching experience.
Sandhills Community College seeks applications for a full-time Clinical Coordinator, Medical Laboratory Technology. Instructional duties will include teaching topics in the Medical Laboratory Technology department, using a variety of delivery modes: traditional classroom, online, hybrid, weekend, mini-mester, and evening. Additional faculty duties include assisting with student recruitment, advising students and performing support duties as assigned by the department chair. Class sessions may take place on the Sandhills Community College campus and on Moore and Hoke County high school campuses. Ability to integrate with other disciplines and support technology programs is a plus. Interviews for the position will include a teaching demonstration and an oral/written assessment conducted in a computer environment.
The Clinical Coordinator works under the direction of the MLT Program Coordinator and the Health Science Department Chair, and is responsible for guiding the MLT students’ learning experiences to achieve the objectives of the course of study.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide effective and high quality instruction according to the published course curriculum in the Medical Laboratory Technology Program.
- Keep up with the scholarship of their discipline.
- Support student learning outside of class.
- Maintain accurate scholastic and membership records of students enrolled in classes and submit reports as required.
- Provide competent advising to students and participate in recruitment and retention activities.
- Assist in program and curriculum review, revision and development.
- Participate in implementation and evaluation of curriculum.
- Participate in professional development activities to keep pace with innovative practices that improve teaching and learning.
- Teach in hybrid or traditional method utilizing the college’s current web-based delivery platform.
- Maintain office hours which facilitate student and faculty access.
- Participate in clinical agency, course, and program committee meetings.
- Facilitate student learning of course objectives in the classroom, labs, and clinical settings
Sandhills Community College is convinced that being around people who are different makes us more creative, more diligent, and harder working. We are committed to a campus that supports diversity in both learning and working environments, and in our outreach to our community. We are also committed to working with Veterans of our armed forces to honor their commitment to our country and learn from their experiences.