RCC Main Campus
5160 Fayetteville Rd
Lumberton NC 28364
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, October 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Qualifications: Associate’s degree in Medical Sonography, Health Sciences, or a related field. Current certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in one or both of the following specialties (Abdomen and/or OB/GYN).
Note: JRCDMS standards require that the clinical coordinator hold credentials specific to the concentration offered; therefore, this position requires that the candidate hold credentials in Abdomen and OB/GYN. Any lacking certifications must be obtained within 18 months of hire. Minimum of two (2) years of full-time (defined as 35 hours per week) professional experience as a general sonographer and/or vascular technologist. Documented experience as a clinical or didactic instructor in a general sonography and/or vascular sonography program (experience may have been attained concurrently with the professional experience and includes experience as a clinical preceptor). Proficiency in teaching methodology, supervision, instruction, evaluation, and guidance (may have been attained concurrently with the professional experience and includes experience as a clinical preceptor).
Same as minimum
The incumbent will have the following duties & responsibilities:
- Function effectively as a member of the didactic, laboratory and clinical faculty
- Assist in the preparation of students for credentialing exams.
- Communicate effectively in both the educational and health care settings
- Organize program resources in laboratory and clinical education centers for maximum program performance
- Perform assessments of sonography students’ cognitive, affective and psychomotor skills
- Provide a quality learning experience for RCC students in the Medical Sonography curricula.
- Plan, organize, promote and teach Sonography courses for the College
- Perform all instruction-related duties in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies and procedures of the College and the NCCCS
- Provide placement, advising and follow-up support services for students
- Assist with laboratory facilitation and instruction, to include simulation
- Demonstrate professional development and use of instructional strategies to improve student learning
- Implement and assess identified program and institutional student learning outcomes
- Serve on department and college committees as requested
Supervise students in the use of evidence-based practice guidelines during clinical experiences in the Associate Degree Medical Sonography curricula.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Director, Human Resources,
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359