Central Piedmont Central Campus
Closes: Friday, January 20, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
* Applicant must hold a current unrestricted license or multi-state licensure privilege to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina
* Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution
* Four years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a Registered Nursing in a acute care hospital setting
* Meet North Carolina Board of Nursing faculty requirements:
- Within the first three years of employment have education in teaching and learning principles for adult education, including curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Obtain a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited institution within five years of initial full-time employment.
Master’s Degree in Nursing Education from a regionally-accredited institution
A full time Clinical Coordinator, Nursing position is available in the Academic Affairs department located on Central Campus, Belk Building.
Anticipated Hire Date: January 9, 2023
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Hours per Week: 40
The Clinical Coordinator serves as a liaison between the Associate Dean, faculty, students, and clinical partners. Primary responsibilities include planning, delivery and evaluation of clinical education and instruction. Included in those duties is providing the related services, support services and mentoring required for optimal student learning and effective educational programming. Under the direction of the Associate Dean of Nursing and Nurse Aide, the Clinical Coordinator collaborates with clinical partners to meet the healthcare needs of the community. Part of the responsibilities of the clinical coordinator will be monitoring clinical compliance in My Clinical Exchange (mCE) and orienting, mentoring and monitoring clinical faculty.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serves as a liaison between Associate Dean, clinical/classroom faculty and affiliate agencies in regards to scheduling and coordinating clinical rotations.
2. Provides orientation, onboarding, and mentorship of clinical faculty.
3. Assists the Associate Dean in recruiting and interviewing part-time clinical faculty.
4. Assists with the collection, review and uploading of a variety of highly confidential faculty and student records such as medical records, physical examinations and background checks into My Clinical Exchange (mCE).
5. Maintains confidentiality of student and faculty information.
6. Enters clinical rotation information into mCE and monitors student and faculty compliance.
7. Ensures adherence to policies and requirements of the affiliating health service agencies as stipulated in contractual agreements with the college.
8. Develops and implements processes to ensure that all active student records are up-to-date and non-active student and faculty records are securely stored or purged as appropriate.
9. Acts as a liaison for clinical contracts, clinical site requests, clinical placement, clinical compliance standards, and clinical visitation/rounding, including during preceptorship.
10. Serves as departmental liaison and expert in My Clinical Exchange (mCE) and represents the department at clinical affiliate meetings.
11. Participates in the development of clinical activities, policies and assignments.
12. Ensures all faculty and student clinical paperwork have been collected for files and meet clinical and accreditation agencies compliance.
13. Coordinates meeting each semester with faculty and agency personnel for discussion of common clinical problems and improvement of delivery of clinical education.
14. Provides regular visitation to each affiliation institution where students receive clinical experience to assure adequacy of instruction.
15. Evaluates the clinical instructional staff as directed by the Associate Dean and makes recommendations for improvement.
16. Collaborates with clinical affiliates to foster and develop innovative partnerships.
17. Participates in meetings, committees and events required by the college, division, and/or program administrators.
18. Arranges for clinical coverage when appropriate.
19. Identifies qualified individuals willing to serve on advisory committees. Participates in advisory board meetings and follows up on recommendations.
20. Remains current in nursing practice, nursing and clinical education, and trends in community college education through professional development, further education and/or scholarship.
21. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
22. Teach up to six-load units of clinical per academic year based on the needs of the department and as directed by the Associate Dean.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Ability to establish and maintain effective, civil, and respectful interpersonal relations throughout the college and the community.
* Ability to respect and work with social, cultural, spiritual, and intellectual diversity.
* Evidence of strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and effective oral and written communication/public relation skills.
* Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
* Proven organization and prioritization skills that facilitate multi-tasking, accuracy and punctuality with assigned tasks.
* Ability to function effectively under stress.
* Meets Nursing Program Essential Functions.
* Awareness of needs and expectations of students, colleagues, and community groups.
* Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action. Ability to plan and adapt to change.
* Ability to make presentations to small and large audiences.
* Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to recognize and evaluate unsafe patient care situations and take appropriate action.
* Maintains competence in the areas of assigned responsibility.
* Current knowledge of nursing practice for the registered nurse and the licensed practical nurse.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact