133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28349
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, September 28, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Interpret and apply College goals, objectives, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain cooperative-working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
- Making observations
- Reading and writing
- Communicating with others
- Operating assigned equipment
- Handling varied tasks simultaneously
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which include the following:
- Standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Operating assigned equipment
- Preparing and presenting instructional material
- Maintain mental capacity, which allow the capability of: making sound decisions, responding to questions, demonstrating intellectual capabilities.
Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill and abilities.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution with completion of a graduate nursing education program from a regionally accredited institution within three years of initial employment; good communication and human relation skills; basic computer skills. Have completed or within the first three years of employment complete preparation in teaching and learning principles for adult education. CPR certification required along with requirements of clinical agencies assigned.
Preferred: Graduate degree in Nursing Education from an accredited institution in addition to the other requirements listed above. Bilingual; Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
Required: Two calendar years or the equivalent of full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse.
Preferred: Some experience in teaching nurse education at the college level; some experience in varied health care areas; experience in teaching via distance learning.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to focus. Requires extensive local travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
If you need accommodations please contact 910-296-2400.
Hiring Salary Range: Depends on Education and Experience
This position is open until filled
Plan, prepare for, and teach assigned clinical rotations; evaluate student progress; supervise and evaluate nursing students in clinical activities; maintain necessary records; perform other job-related duties. This position reports to the Department Head - Health Education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides clinical instruction to Practical Nursing and/or Associate degree nursing students.
- Prepares for clinical experience as evidenced by familiarity with unit policies, clients and their needs, student clinical outcomes, and students.
- Provides orientation, assistance, and guidance to students during the clinical experience on the unit.
- Remains with assigned students throughout the entire clinical experience, including hospital in-service programs, unless prior arrangements have been made with the Coordinator or team member.
- Conducts pre- and post-conference with students according to course/clinical outcomes.
- Utilizes approved assessment forms and clinical evaluation criteria/tools according to instructions given to provide continuity and consistency for the student.
- Completes evaluation tools for each student and schedules individual conferences at least mid-semester and at the end of each semester; evaluates students fairly on the basis of program criteria; shares ongoing evaluation with students and Coordinator/team member timely and constructively
- Makes suggestions to Course Coordinator regarding clinical experiences, outcomes, evaluation process, and other areas of interest and concern.
- Remains current in clinical and professional expertise through clinical practice, attendance at workshops/classes, and other activities.
- Attend faculty meetings as required.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance; maintain other records and data bases according to program needs or accreditation requirements.
- Demonstrate competence regarding the handling of hazardous substances such as blood borne pathogens; continually undergo training and train students in such procedures.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Notifies specified person (e.g., Course Coordinator, team member, Department Head) of illness, emergency, or anticipated absence as early as such absence is known.
- Work schedule and location will be determined each semester based on program needs