On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education Minimum: Master of Science Degree in Nursing
Experience Minimum: A minimum of two calendar years of prior full-time employment or the equivalent in clinical nursing practice as a Registered Nurse.
Education Preferred: Master of Science Degree in Nursing with a focus in Nursing Education or meet the education requirements for Nurse Educators as outlined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
Experience Preferred: Teaching experience, preferably in the community college setting, membership in professional organizations, and participation in professional and college activities designed to improve instructional and clinical skills. Professional Liability Insurance.
The Clinical Nursing Instructor is required to provide safe and efficient instruction of students assigned to patients in a cooperating health service agency and to assume responsibilities related to the total nursing program as delegated by the Director of Nursing Education.
(This is a part-time position).
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
- Supervising patient learning experiences which provide opportunities for students to meet course objectives.
- Adhering to policies and requirements of the affiliating health service agencies as stipulated in contractual agreements wit the College.
- Participating in the development of course outlines and overviews.
- Participating in student academic counseling and activities.
- Evaluating student learning.
- Participating in evaluation and revision of curriculum and learning activities.
- Maintaining accurate student records.
- Attending faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Contributing in a professional manner to the relationship between the College and the affiliating health service agencies.
- Providing quality care for patients involved in selected learning experiences within the guidelines of the North Carolina Nursing Practice Act.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact