Closes: Sunday, May 23, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Counseling, Business, Social Sciences or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Must have at least one year of experience in a college level student services office.
• Experience in delivering career exploration counseling to college level students.
• Experience working with diverse students including first generation college students, students from underrepresented populations, and students transitioning from adult high school programs.
• Master’s degree in Education, Social Work, Counseling, Business, Social Sciences or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Two or more years of experience in a community college academic advising department.
• Experience providing Early Alert counseling and using retention strategies to promote the success of students and increase completion rates.
• Experience with EAB Navigate, Colleague/Datatel and other college-related technology
The Student Success Coach is responsible for assisting students with the development and evaluation of an educational plan. S/he maintains and provides accurate program and course information for new and returning students seeking certificates, diplomas, and degrees. S/he provides information on all aspects of student orientation, placement test interpretation, advising services, and career identification and selection. The Student Success Coach provides academic advising and career exploration guidance to new and continuing students in a face-to-face or online environment. S/he assists students in determining their major course of study by offering resources for self-exploration related to careers, interprets career assessment results and guides students in researching employment trends and gathering information related to careers of interest. S/he maintains current information related to resume writing, interviewing skills, and general job search strategies, providing resume critiques, interview advice, and mock interviews for students seeking employment.
The Student Success Coach focuses efforts on assisting students with identifying and utilizing college resources that will support degree completion and further aid students in successfully accomplishing their academic goals. S/he assists with course selection, course withdrawal, program changes, and teaches students about technology available to them for registration. S/he monitors student educational progress and provides information about college academic and personal resources as necessary. S/he oversees a caseload of students through constant contact throughout the semester to ensure satisfactory academic progress. Responds to early alerts from faculty with outreach to students struggling in class, offering assistance, and making referrals to college resources in an effort to promote student retention.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact