Closes: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Counseling, Business, Social Sciences or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• One year of previous coaching experience.
• One year of career advising/guidance experience that includes administering career assessments, teaching job search techniques, explaining labor market information, and helping students set academic and career goals.
• Master’s degree in Education, Social Work, Counseling, Business, Social Sciences or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Three years of previous coaching experience at the collegiate level.
• Three years of career advising/guidance experience that includes administering career assessments, teaching job search techniques, explaining labor market information, and helping students set academic and career goals.
• Experience with post-secondary academic advising that includes assisting students with program selection, educational plans, course scheduling, and registration.
The Student Success Coach is responsible for assisting students with the development and evaluation of an educational plan. S/he maintains and provides accurate program and course information for new and returning students seeking certificates, diplomas, and degrees. S/he provides information on all aspects of new student orientation, placement test interpretation, advising services, and career identification and selection. The Student Success Coach provides academic advising and career exploration guidance to new and continuing students in a face-to-face or online environment. S/he assists students in determining their major course of study by offering resources for self-exploration related to careers; interprets career assessment results and guides students in researching employment trends and gathering information related to careers of interest. S/he maintains current information related to resume writing, interviewing skills, and general job search strategies, providing resume critiques, interview advice, and mock interviews for students seeking employment. S/he oversees a caseload of students through constant contact throughout the semester to ensure satisfactory academic progress. Responds to early alerts from faculty with outreach to students struggling in classes, offering assistance, and making referrals to college resources in an effort to promote student retention.
This position serves as the Women’s Head Basketball Coach in addition to maintaining a 30 hour work week in the Student Success Center. As the Women’s Head Basketball Coach they will be responsible for ensuring a quality athletic program that emphasizes student academic success, ensures competitive success, NJCAA rules compliance, and fiscal accountability.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact