Closes: Friday, November 15, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution
1 to 2 years of experience in financial aid, admissions, or other related student services area within a higher education setting
Skill in the use of computers and technology
Experience with Colleague/Datatel
Davidson County Community College (DCCC) is an award-winning institution known for a commitment to excellence and student success. The DCCC community is dedicated to providing students a high quality education designed to prepare them to live and work in an increasingly interconnected world. To this end, DCCC celebrates the value of a diverse faculty and staff and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. DCCC faculty and staff are passionate about equity and our responsibility to work with each unique student to support them in successfully attaining their goals.
DCCC's benefits and other resources make it possible to excel both professionally and personally. We are a dynamic community that supports and celebrates the success of all of its members. The future is here!
The College Admissions Specialist (CAS) position will demonstrate professional competencies in the following areas: knowledge of DCCC's enrollment procedures and services, general financial aid support, student records support, NC residency determination process, student applications processing, and other related information technology support.
The College Admissions Specialist position reports to the Director of Recruitment and Admissions and have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Maintain current knowledge of enrollment services: admissions application processes, general knowledge of financial aid, student records and recordkeeping, and academic and continuing education opportunities at DCCC
- Collect and process student applications and enrollment documents in the student information system
- Provide technical support and complete admissions applications, NC residency process, and financial aid documents along with other processes related to admissions
- Provides admissions information to prospective students and appropriate referrals to College departments
- Communicate with students through targeted stages of the enrollment cycle
- Support enrollment services team projects and outreach campaigns; other projects as assigned
- Monitors and responds to admissions email account for incoming transcripts, test scores, and application errors
- Maintain confidentiality and compliance with FERPA regulations, carefully monitoring student records at the workstation for security, accuracy, and properly store all student records in compliance with state and federal law
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds
- Perform other duties as assigned which support the mission, vision, and values of the College