133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28349
Closes: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to gather date, compile information, and prepare reports.
Ability to work varied scheduled that may require evenings, weekends, and/or multiple locations.
Function in a fast-paced environment.
Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Knowledge of Colleague and Advansys.
Ability to communicate effectively through speech and writing.
Ability to identify, communicate and analyze problems.
Ability to take ownership and utilize constructive feedback.
Must be punctual, professional and conduct oneself in an ethical manner.
Ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Ability to work respectfully within a team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill and abilities.
Required: Associate Degree in Office Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Education Administration or closely related field. Considerable experience with Colleague and Advansys.
Required: Some experience as an administrative assistant, office manager, or similar position with proficient use of computer applications and data management.
Preferred: Considerable experience as an administrative assistant and data manager, with some experience using Colleague and Advansys. Bilingual; Career Readiness Certificate (CRC).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to focus. May require travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
If you need accommodations please contact 910-296-2400.
HIRING SALARY RANGE
MINIMUM HIRING SALARY: $32,880.00 annually
MIDPOINT HIRING SALARY: $41,100.00 annually
MAXIMUM HIRING SALARY: Depends on qualifications
This position is open until filled
The College and Career Readiness Administrative Assistant/Data Specialist is responsible for providing clerical support and all student data entry for the department. The duties included providing excellent customer service, security and maintenance of student and department files for auditing and compliance; and assessment, retention, and recruitment for College and Career Readiness (CCR) students. This position reports to the Director of College and Career Readiness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities the ability to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for collecting, imputing, and analyzing literacy data for CCR.
- Register students
- Compile data and statistics for the department
- Prepare reports to analyze and evaluate LEIS and other related data for departmental and executive leadership, NCCCS, and other CCR personnel.
- Control and maintain all department files of records, reports, invoices, and receipts for reference and auditing.
- Work in conjunction with instructors and the Director to ensure recruitment and retention of all CCR students.
- Assist with all student orientations
- Ensure that all class folder processes are followed so that documentation meets compliance requirements.
- Actively engage in professional development activities.
- Assist with testing supervision which includes administering tests, creating test schedules, and contacting students with notification of testing options.
- Maintain records of test results
- Monitor measurable skills gains reports for accuracy.
- Run weekly reports to monitor student hours.
- Conduct evaluation of student transcripts.
- Monitor student’s period of participation (POP) for accuracy.
- Provide professional development training to staff regarding testing, MSG, and POP standards.
- Manage student retention
- Assist with equipment and software maintenance.
- Acquire computer/technology competencies as appropriate to position.
- Maintain security of personal computer access.
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned.
- Serve on college committees as directed by supervisor.