College and Career Readiness Coordinator
Closes: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree required
Master’s degree and one year of supervisory experience preferred.
Statement of Primary Purpose
Recruitment and retention of students and teachers, classroom instruction and management, and curriculum development in the College and Career Readiness programs. Advocate with community partners for basic skills/literacy and human resources development.
Professional, Full-time, exempt Staff
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Work with community partners and advocate for basic skills/literacy and human resources development in the community.
- Recruit, hire, train, and support instructors. Facilitate interviews, class visits, and instructor orientations.
- Assist in student recruitment, advising, orientation, and retention.
- Administer standardized tests to students.
- Manage and monitor student registration, testing, and progress.
- Manage data for annual and local reports. Use LEIS data reports for post testing, NRS scores, attendance, and other data resources
- Plan, manage and present staff development activities and workshops.
- Visit classes regularly to provide instructor supervision, written feedback, and instructional coaching.
- Provide classroom instruction and management in literacy and human resources development classes, 1-10 hours per week.
- Recommend and assist with updates to curriculum, instructional materials, and educational equipment.
- Maintain accurate class records for monthly submission and validate attendance instructor attendance weekly.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for professional development and maintaining professional competence.
- Work with the public relations office to publicize the College and Career Readiness Department as well as student success stories.
- Respond in a timely manner to all student requests.
- Attend and assist with departmental functions such as graduation ceremonies, advisory committee meetings, and professional development for instructors.
- Assist in selection and ordering of equipment, supplies, and textbooks.
- Participate in regular training and professional development.
- Prepare teacher contracts, revisions, and payroll.
- Review class rosters and student attendance sheets for accuracy.
- Troubleshoot paperwork, data entry, and electronic problems to support teachers and students.
- Assist with student testing and retesting needs.
- Serve on college committees.
- Perform data entry as needed.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree and one year of supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Managerial experience preferred. Experience teaching or leading in adult education or literacy education preferred. Ability to use computers and software to support instruction and supervision, including learning management system, word processing, e-mail, Internet, and student information database. Familiarity with North Carolina Community Colleges Basic Skills/Literacy and Human Resources Development programs.
Ability to multitask and perform in an environment with a high level of activity.
Valid NC State Driver’s License
Working Conditions and Environment
Travel as necessary, typically within the service area to visit day and evening classes. Occasional overnight travel for professional development and training.
Working knowledge of office and educational equipment and software.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
How to Apply
Apply on Southwestern Community College website: https://southwesterncc.hirecentric.com/jobs/223469-21374.html
Job Post Contact