College and Career Readiness Coordinator
RichmondCC Service Area
Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to meet and deal effectively with staff, instructors, and the general public. Demonstrate empathy and understanding for the adult learner and demonstrate an understanding of students' special needs and challenges. Detailed record keeping experience preferred and the ability to organize data and develop documents.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree required. Two years related work experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully work with the adult learner. Computer experience required with a familiarity with MS Office Suite of products. Must have experience in mentoring, evaluating, and coordinating student educational plans.
Master's Degree preferred.
The College and Career Readiness Coordinator, under the direction of the Dean of Adult Education and the authority of the Vice President for Instruction. Primary responsibilities are to (1) coordinate the Adult Secondary Education curriculum as related to the Department of Public Instruction and North Carolina Community College System policies/procedures and (2) coordinate the high school equivalency testing process for compliance with the prospective vendors of the high school equivalency exam. Share in the responsibility for the development and implementation of the NCCCS Basic Skills Educational Plan.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Advise students with information regarding RichmondCC programs, student services, and courses available.
- Supervise the testing process to organize, maintain, and complete all official HSE records, transcripts, and reports in a confidential, systematic, and professional manner, including security for test materials and order/return all high school equivalency test documents while maintaining certification and training as a Test Administrator for all official testing.
- Responsible for evaluating and providing high school transcripts, verifying HSE and Adult High School Diploma completions and coordinate the ASE graduation annually.
- Coordinate renewal and revision of Adult High School Diploma agreements with Richmond County and Scotland County Public Schools. Prepare AHS diplomas for graduates annually.
- Generate start forms and revisions, obtain substitutes, monthly payroll, faculty observations, class visitations, end of semester paperwork, and other required paperwork and submit in a timely manner.
- Maintain, train, coordinate, supervise, and assist designated faculty/staff and projects including Adult High School Diploma and High School Equivalency programs and on-site New Student Orientation. Coordinate and supervise on and off-campus programming. Design specialized and required courses including recruiting, interviewing, recommending, training, scheduling, and evaluating of faculty. Prepares documentation for the origination of classes; schedules dates, rooms and instructors; reviews class schedule for accuracy.
- Monitor course offerings, additions, changes, and deletions to keep program area current; coordinates the development of curriculum, course outlines, and materials.
- Assist in planning and implementing the goals, objectives, and reporting for the assigned area.
- Work with marketing staff to prepare marketing materials and literature for distribution to potential students.
- May teach courses while modeling effective teaching techniques for instructors.
- Ensure faculty and staff understand and follow state and NRS guidelines, including the state assessment policy.
- Review needs for equipment, supplies, and instructional materials and recommends purchase.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RichmondCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Director
Richmond Community College
P O Box 1189
Hamlet NC 28379
P (910) 410-1804
F (910) 582-7028