RichmondCC service area
Closes: Saturday, July 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree required. Must possess above average skills in keyboarding, filing, and computer operation including Microsoft Office Suite. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, deal effectively with Richmond CC and Department of Public Safety staff, the general public and students while providing excellent customer service. Must understand the importance of contributing to an operationally sound environment. Understands the importance of confidentiality - FERPA.
Conditions include normal office environment, classroom environment, and in a correctional environment.
May require long periods of standing, strolling, and giving instructions in a classroom environment. Otherwise, normal office environment.
Job Title: College and Career Readiness Examiner (Part-time)
Under the direct supervision of the College and Career Readiness Coordinator/Chief Examiner, and under the authority of the Dean of Adult Education, the part-time College and Career Readiness Examiner will provide official and diagnostic test administration and support to the Richmond Community College service area and DPS correctional facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer official High School Equivalency and diagnostic testing to include TABE and CASAS at approved on and off campus sites to include community sites and correctional facilities.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with correctional facilities, DPS employees, and college employees.
- Maintain all testing materials in a secure manner according to testing policies & procedures.
- Complete and distribute monthly Testing calendars, test information, updates, and reports to proper students, instructors, and staff.
- Organize, complete, and maintain in a secure manner all official testing records.
- Conduct testing in accordance with testing manuals to maintain the integrity of RichmondCC’s testing procedures.
- Monitor all testing sessions and examinees to ensure compliance with policies and procedures for administering tests under normal conditions; verify the identity and eligibility of each examinee; provide accommodations for examinees with disabilities that have obtained proper documentation and followed appropriate channels of approval.
- Monitor and submit exception reports to testing companies in accordance to testing policies and procedures. Report all exception reports submitted to the Chief Examiner.
- Obtain and maintain appropriate certifications required to administer test/examinations
- Scan all answer documents for scoring/reporting; organize, verify, and document all official HSE completions, records, and reports and disseminate that data to relevant staff in a confidential, systematic, and professional manner.
- Maintain the security of HSE testing materials by conducting and documenting monthly inventory audits of all testing materials.
- Maintain and review testing surveillance logs, seating charts, testing irregularity reports, and other documentation as required in a designated, permanent, secure, storage area.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with students, outside agencies, and college employees.
- Other Duties as Assigned
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered.
Methods to submit an application:
- Online submission at www.richmondcc.edu
- In person: 1042 W. Hamlet Avenue, Hamlet, NC, DeWitt Building, 2nd floor.
Position Available: Immediately. Application review begins: July 14, 2021. To apply: submit the RCC Application and unofficial copies of transcripts. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
Location: RCC service area
Contact: Human Resources
Richmond Community College
PO Box 1189, Hamlet, NC 28345
Phone: (910) 410-1804
Fax: (910) 582-7028
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity Employer