College and Career Readiness Instructor Rutherford Correctional Center (part time)
Rutherford Correctional Center
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, May 15, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, required
2. Experience teaching, required
3. Experience working with incarcerated, or justice involved population, required
In support of the overall Learning College the College and Career Readiness Instructor will provide instruction for high school equivalency preparation (GED/HiSET) to students within Rutherford Correctional Center.
1. Present course material to meet course objectives as assigned.
2. Maintain accurate and complete attendance records for each student.
3. Maintain accurate and complete academic records for each student.
4. Provide instruction to the students utilizing a range of engagement techniques.
5. Complete required paperwork as assigned.
6. Maintain educational integrity of the college.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
1. Motivating and productive work habits.
2. Commitment to excellence as expressed in the College mission, vision and values.
3. Ability to establish, cultivate and maintain positive relationships with students, peers, colleagues, etc.
4. Ability to interact with those in custody according to expected guidelines; treat people with dignity and respect.
5. Commitment to learning and professional growth.
6. A willingness to adapt to the changing needs of students, the college, and teaching methodologies.
8. Reliability when performing tasks.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact