Durham , North Carolina
Closes: Friday, September 28, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in fields related to education.Direct experience working as a College Liaison or a minimum of two years of experience supporting high school students’ transition from high school to college. This experience may be in a higher education or high school setting.
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in fields related to education.
Direct experience working as a College Liaison or a minimum of two years of experience supporting high school students’ transition from high school to college. This experience may be in a higher education or high school setting.
JOB DESCRIPTION June, 2018
Position Title: College Liaison
Department: Student Engagement, Development and Support Division
FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director, Public Schools Programs
Direct Reports: None
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree, preferably in fields related to education.
Work Experience: Direct experience working as a College Liaison or a minimum of two years of experience supporting high school students’ transition from high school to college. This experience may be in a higher education or high school setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and effective oral and written communication/public relation skills;
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action;
- Competence in oral and written communication skills necessary for effective advising;
- Ability to make presentations to large audiences;
- Excellent computer skills as evidenced by experience with Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word;
- Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- Understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives of a community college.
Essential Functions, Job Duties, and Responsibilities:
The College Liaison is located in an assigned high school and visits other assigned high schools in Orange or Durham County.. The Liaison works collaboratively with faculty and staff of Durham Tech and assigned high schools to promote and deliver a seamless educational transition process for high school students. The College Liaison is responsible for the coordination and implementation of student recruitment, enrollment plans, and strategies designed to increase high school graduate enrollment and student success at Durham Tech.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage students, counselors, faculty, parents, and other stakeholders in order to provide information sessions related to college success and opportunities at Durham Tech;
- Work in collaboration with high school counselors and Career Development Counselors to identify and advise students regarding opportunities at Durham Tech, to include Career and College Promise;
- Work in collaboration with high school Career Development Coordinators and Career and Technical Education teachers to promote CTE degree options/careers and develop career plans;
- Participate in school-related activities in which Durham Tech can be promoted (Parent Nights, grade-level meetings, financial aid events);
- Advise prospective students through the recruitment and enrollment process (application, including program major and RDS, FAFSA, Multiple Measures and RISE placement, ConnectSession, advising and registration);
- Maintain records for enrollment, tracking, and audit reporting purposes;
- Conduct orientations for CCP students at the beginning of each semester, as appropriate;
- Submit progress reports to Director, Public Schools Programs documenting progress and outcome data;
- Maintain quality partnerships with secondary school personnel in collaboration with the Director, Public Schools Programs;
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management Team to ensure college recruitment and enrollment goals are met;
- Participate in team meetings and professional development activities, as directed by the Director, Public Schools Programs;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Public Schools Programs; Vice President, Student Engagement, Development and Support Division; and President of the college.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Staff person must be physically able to travel locally to high schools and other activities related to recruitment and enrollment. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to lift, at times, 10 lbs.; and
- Good eye/hand dexterity.
How to Apply
The online application process will allow you to review the status of your application during the recruitment process, to update your online application, and to apply for positions that become available in the future.
Please take a moment to become familiar with the system:
• To search positions, click the Search Jobs link at left.
• To apply for a job, click the Create Account link at left, then follow the directions.
For assistance with the online employment application, please contact Human Resources at 919-536-7244 or email@example.com.
Assistance will be available Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Job Post Contact