Morehead City, NC
Closes: Saturday, July 31, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associates degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in human resources or a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Two years of work experience in an office setting, preferably in an HR Office; Ability to use a multi-line phone system; Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook is required; Ability to use a variety of HRIS & related database information systems is necessary; Excellent customer service, as well as strong oral and written communications skills are required; Must be detail oriented and comfortable in a multitasking environment, able to adjust priorities as the situation dictates; Ability to maintain a positive professional image and be sensitive to confidential information is imperative.
Moderate office work on a routine basis, requiring frequent sitting and computer work. Will occasionally require standing, stooping, bending, squatting, and lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Licensing Requirement: None; Notary Public is helpful
See minimum qualifications.
Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a full-time College Receptionist/HR Assistant. This is a benefit eligible position; benefits include 12 paid holidays, paid sick leave, paid vacation leave, State Health Plan at a nominal cost to employee, eligibility in the TSERS retirement system. Applications will be accepted through July 31, 2021.
The College Receptionist & Human Resources Assistant is responsible for answering the College phones as well as greeting visitors in the McGee Building. Additionally, they provide administrative support for the College’s human resources function. This position performs a full range of confidential and complex technical and administrative duties to support College reception and human resources functions which support the overall College mission & strategic direction.
Examples of essential duties include:
- Greet visitors to the McGee Building and direct to the appropriate resources.
- Answer the College telephone and assist or direct to the appropriate resources. Must ensure phone coverage during all normal College business hours.
- Administrative support for the College’s Human Resources Office.
- Administrative support for HR recruiting functions, to include posting job announcements on-line and coordinating scheduling activities with the HR Specialist.
- Assist HR Specialist with various administrative components related to New Hire Orientation, Onboarding, and system set-up to include scheduling, room reservations, background screening, paperwork completion, eVerify, Colleague, benefits, compliance training, etc.
- Administrative support for College professional development planning including scheduling, advertising, preparing signup and sign-in sheets and tracking monthly/annual training records.
- Place purchase orders for HR and track departmental expenditures.
- Prepare and distribute various reports and paperwork related to the human resources function: turnover data, bonus eligibility, SIR, IPEDS, etc.
- Run Informer queries as required to assist with College HR data needs.
- Post updated information to the HR SharePoint site as directed.
- Assist with the preparation of departmental correspondence as needed.
- Participate in appropriate committees or task forces as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned to support the overall mission of the HR Department, in support of the College mission and strategic direction.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.carteret.edu. Attach to your application a cover letter and an unofficial copy of post-secondary degree transcript.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional subject to a satisfactory background check.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557