On and offsite JCC Campus Locations - North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2017
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each specific duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the specific functions.
• Ability to demonstrate competence in areas expected to teach
• Ability to plan, organize and deploy quality college level instruction
• Ability to communicate effectively with adult learners and to maintain good relationships with staff and students.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, individual initiative, independent actions within a professional environment
Master's degree required in a computer related field such as Instructional Technology, Information Systems or Computer Science or Master's degree plus 18 graduate hours in a computer related field as noted above.
Master's Degree required in a computer related field such as Instructional Technology, Information Systems or Computer Science or Master's degree plus 18 graduate hours in a computer related field as noted above. Appropriate professional certifications in Information Technology areas such as Microsoft.
One year teaching experience. Online teaching experience.
Two to three years of teaching experience in a post-secondary environment, preferably at a community college. Specific experience with Blackboard Learn 9.1 online instruction and educational technology is preferred. Experience working with the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of students.
Adjunct faculty are professionals with the responsibility of providing a quality learning experience for Johnston Community College students on a semester basis. Adjunct faculty report to a dean and/or director and perform instruction-related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies and procedures of the college. The categories listed below constitute the expectations for the adjunct faculty member. These responsibilities will be assessed utilizing student evaluations and classroom observations by the supervisor. This is a part-time position.
KNOWLEDGE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide instruction centered on Information Technology concepts and Microsoft Office 2013 applications to include Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. Teach assigned class(es) in coordination with your Dean and/or Director of Programs and established course model syllabus/syllabi. Provide a high quality learning and teaching environment for students in accordance with the educational objectives of the college.
Specific responsibilities of adjunct curriculum instructors include:
• Teach assigned classes
• Create an effective learning environment
• Meet classes as assigned
• Present instruction based on the competencies and performance levels of the course
• Maintain accurate attendance and scholastic records of students
• Use teaching methods designed for a variety of learning styles
• Use course text, outlines, syllabi and other curriculum materials in accordance with college and departmental guidelines
• Assist with maintaining a classroom environment emphasizing safety, good housekeeping, and equipment security
• Participate in communications with the college and department and meet deadlines as required
• Submit required reports
• Participate in the college's assessment process, if required
• Fulfill all contract provisions
• Maintain a high level of professionalism as a representative of the college
How to Apply
Job Post Contact